Thread: Stripe Payments

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Stripe Payments

Quote Originally Posted by RogerandOwl View Post
    Well just double checked when I go to paypal site, brings up my email with password sign in, when I sign in the 'Get the Paypal App' banner appears. I just have always ticked the Not now button below. So far still do not need two step verification.
    I just checked again and was taken to the sign in with my usual password. I the signed in and got this message on the screen

Authentication required

As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you.

I then get 2 options, a text to my old mobile phone or a call to my old mobile phone

Until a week or two ago I was doing exactly the same. Even on the rare occasions that the Two Step Verification page came up I could get around it either by hitting "Back" a couple of times or just not logging-in, leaving PP's site for a few minutes. Not any more, the second verification page opens every time I try to log into PP directly. Although there is a "Try Another Method" button and a code is sent my land-line never rings to complete the verification.

They will get around to you eventually and you will then have this problem. I've been following this saga here on the obay and on the PP boards for over a year and have found that PP's arm-twisting started well before that.

Have a read of my previous replies here and on the "Paypal Updates" thread. If you want the whole story have a look at the PP boards.
    Last edited by theElench; 3rd June 2021 at 03:58 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

I have tried to access my Nochex account but they didn't send an email to confirm anything. I couldn't see any way of sending invoices either.

It looks like it's Stripe and bank transfers for me now. I already use Stripe on one of the craft sites that has it integrated

Sorry about the abrupt end to my previous reply, had a PO engineer here about my "Connectivity Issues".

"Authentication Required".....

I get the same thing but months ago I got a screen with "No Mobile?" and an option to use my land-line instead. Now my Authentication screen says something like "Send Text Message" or "Ring Me". Trouble is, the phone never rings, so I can never complete the log-in. PSD2 / SCA isn't due to become mandatory until September '21, so why is PP not sorting out these problems instead of introducing it now (or two years ago) with a system that has never worked? To me, that almost every other bank has started early but with systems that do work and can (often) offer, not just 1 but several alternatives, shows that PP has an agenda by doing this.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Sorry about the abrupt end to my previous reply, had a PO engineer here about my "Connectivity Issues".

"Authentication Required".....

I get the same thing but months ago I got a screen with "No Mobile?" and an option to use my land-line instead. Now my Authentication screen says something like "Send Text Message" or "Ring Me". Trouble is, the phone never rings, so I can never complete the log-in. PSD2 / SCA isn't due to become mandatory until September '21, so why is PP not sorting out these problems instead of introducing it now (or two years ago) with a system that has never worked? To me, that almost every other bank has started early but with systems that do work and can (often) offer, not just 1 but several alternatives, shows that PP has an agenda by doing this.

Yes. I was given the landline text/call option too but the phone didn't ring after several attempts so I gave up.

I'm spending a bit of time checking other site accounts to make sure my new mobile number is listed before the PSD2 / SCA thung becomes the norm

I think it already is the norm. The FCA date in September is the date when it becomes mandatory for financial companies to have a system up and running, the dead-line was extended because of Covid and staffing problems during lock down. It seems that only PP has some apparently insurmountable problem doing that. I vaguely remember my bank asking me which of several methods of verification I would prefer to use.

In my view PP is also using it, against the FCA Guidelines, to pressure account holders into using a mobile (only) to access its services is the reason so many are having problems accessing their account.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Last week (before the sales) I bought something here and again expected trouble, but like you no problem and one level log-in. Could be that we would be logged into a site which pays (?) for integrated checkout?

So it seems I can't log-in to the PP site direct (always two levels) to check balance or transfer funds etc. but can when buying or selling using their checkout (so far only one level).

As an extra bit of arm twisting they had tried sending me an email (WHY can't they do the same for level 2 codes???) to tell me I had messages un-opened on the PP site so while there checking the money was safely in my account (from the sales) I opened the messages (All ads. for PP services).

Worth remembering for the future perhaps. Any time I buy or sell something, do transfers, especially OUT to linked bank account.

I'm more convinced than ever that all these "problems" with PSD2 and log-in are because PP wants to be a mobile access only for private accounts. Having a nose through their help pages, everything has cartoons of using a mobile to do everything, paying, transferring, keeping up-to-date.
    That loop-hole didn't last long. Another sale today so tried logging-in via the ASL PP payment number again. Today that requires the second verification. So now I'm completely unable to access my account.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Could someone tell me a little more about Stripe, please? The website looks intimidating but I have been asked several times for an alternative to Paypal and am unwilling to go for direct bank transfers after a bad experience a few years ago.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Did anyone see the site update notification thread : Post #500

"UPDATE - eBid US and eBid Canada credit/debit card facilities for subscriptions and fee invoice payments are currently down while we integrate our new card processor Stripe. Please use PayPal options for now"

Ohhhhhhhh!
    Does this mean we are getting a second payment option : STRIPE

Right seeing Gazza say they are integrating Stripe on eBid I've just opened an account but I'm confused as usual, doesn't take much !
    Can someone tell me who has already used Stripe how do you get payments transferred to your bank ? With Paypal you use the transfer button but can't see any sign of one on Stripe so do they automatically send the payment straight to your bank account ?

Just editing to say I've found the information
    https://stripe.com/docs/payouts#payout-schedule
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 27th September 2021 at 01:34 PM.

Thread Information