Thread: Stripe Payments

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Stripe Payments

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Right seeing Gazza say they are integrating Stripe on eBid I've just opened an account but I'm confused as usual, doesn't take much !
    Can someone tell me who has already used Stripe how do you get payments transferred to your bank ? With Paypal you use the transfer button but can't see any sign of one on Stripe so do they automatically send the payment straight to your bank account ?

Just editing to say I've found the information
    https://stripe.com/docs/payouts#payout-schedule

Police says that Stripe is being integrated with eBid US and eBid Canada. What about the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Police says that Stripe is being integrated with eBid US and eBid Canada. What about the rest of us?
    I read it as only those two countries payment facilities are down temporarily and not that the rest of us would be excluded ? Will have to wait and see !

We seriously need other payment options Apple, Google Pay etc and I know its harder to get it sorted in the USA etc but I was hoping they would get the UK sellers sorted out fast before Q4 (no offence to other countries) but its too late now and I'm finding it hard to stay motivated here and feel the UK nature of the site is going away

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Gazza, Mark, and eBid Team for integrating Stripe for USA and Canada. Hope to see the integration be adopted quickly for UK and other eBid International sites. Link below contains call for other integrated payment methods, and more specifically Stripe and Square a couple of months ago.

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...46#post1729446

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read it as only those two countries payment facilities are down temporarily and not that the rest of us would be excluded ? Will have to wait and see !
    Now that I have read Gazza's direct statement in Updates, I would have to agree. It is so strange how differences in perception play out. As you have said, it is best to "wait and see" before laying into eBid. My thank you to G&M and team still stands.

This is certainly looking promising, thanks to The Management for at least listening and doing something about an alternative to PP integrated check-out.

Before I get too carried away with enthusiasm though, can anyone with knowledge of Stripe re-assure me that it will work with lap-top and land-line. I hope this isn't another Mobile App. only set-up.

Fingers (and everything else)crossed.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

I only us a pc or laptop and it's worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    This is certainly looking promising, thanks to The Management for at least listening and doing something about an alternative to PP integrated check-out.

Before I get too carried away with enthusiasm though, can anyone with knowledge of Stripe re-assure me that it will work with lap-top and land-line. I hope this isn't another Mobile App. only set-up.

They only give you the choice of SMS or an App as a second security measure but they do give you a personal security code in case you lose your phone so I take it you would be able to get in using that.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Now that I have read Gazza's direct statement in Updates, I would have to agree. It is so strange how differences in perception play out. As you have said, it is best to "wait and see" before laying into eBid. My thank you to G&M and team still stands.

My reasoning was that if integration of Stripe into eBid US and eBid Canada meant that payment facilities were affected, the same would apply when/if it was integrated into other eBid sites. As there had been no notification that this had happened or would happen I was assuming that Stripe had only been integrated into US and Canada. Hence my enquiry about other eBid sites. I was not "laying into eBid".

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post

I have a land-line and pc and it works.
    Now, I haven't used striped since I closed my account on another site that I was able to use it.

I guess I have to check about the "second security measures" since I don't do texting and such.

Thread Information