Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stripe Payments

Default Re: Stripe Payments

Please let us know how it works out. I was told a load of nonsense by one of the PP CS reps. I spoke to. I was told I could download the App. to my lap-top and that would solve all my PSD2 log-in problems. Total BS as step one of down-loading was to take a photo of one of those security squares with a mobile phone.

I hope Stripe isn't also totally convinced that everyone uses a mobile and made providing a mobile number a pre-requisite for opening an account.

I found out recently, when a neighbour sent a text to my land-line, that my phone co. will convert them to a digitised voice. Something else PP can't do assuming that they actually ring my phone. Personally, I think the "Ring Land-line number" option is just switched off, although offered it isn't meant to work until a mobile number is on record.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Please let us know how it works out. I was told a load of nonsense by one of the PP CS reps. I spoke to. I was told I could download the App. to my lap-top and that would solve all my PSD2 log-in problems. Total BS as step one of down-loading was to take a photo of one of those security squares with a mobile phone.

I hope Stripe isn't also totally convinced that everyone uses a mobile and made providing a mobile number a pre-requisite for opening an account.

I found out recently, when a neighbour sent a text to my land-line, that my phone co. will convert them to a digitised voice. Something else PP can't do assuming that they actually ring my phone. Personally, I think the "Ring Land-line number" option is just switched off, although offered it isn't meant to work until a mobile number is on record.
    I had "discussions" with people who want a mobile number but I won't part with it. My mobile is never switched on unless I'm phoning Mrs. E or waiting to receive a call from her. With PayPal I refused to give them the number under threat of leaving them if they insisted; the now use my landline for sending the code.

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

well recently cleared my cookies and got stuck with 2FA on PP but the offered me text OR whatap - so that's new

Am I right thinking that "what(s?)ap" is a mobile phone based social media service? If so I can't use it for verification.

PP has my land-line number, whenever I get the second level authentication page it offers me text or "try another method". I click that but my phone doesn't ring.

All the more surprising when I've recently discovered that my land-line phone does receive texts and converts them into digital spoken word messages. Something I didn't know until someone recently sent me a text and this happened.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I now have Stripe on my website and am now getting sales plus have set up the automatic transfer monthly to my bank. www.madmansmanuals.co.uk
    When will stripe be integrated here, we really do need it.

I haven't seen anything about Stripe here for a while and assumed there were some teething troubles with integrating it?

With the "cost of living crisis" hitting most peoples spending habits, (no sales here since the begining of April) I haven't had to log-in to PP since then so don't know whether the situation re. getting access has improved or not.

I'd still like an alternative to PP, it's because they have an (almost) monopoly that they can get away with their "take it or go elsewhere" attitude. Having other easy(ier) to use alternatives might give them some competition. Who knows, it might even make them improve their abysmal customer service.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I remember . . .

Stripe Payment is only offered for paying our fees.
    They are still looking into it as an alternative for paying for items for sale.

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...cations/page50 # 500 posting

I can't see it happening for a long long time maybe next year

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is only true for Canada and USA.

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

10 times more sales on my website in the last month " Because I Take Stripe "

Come on Ebid, help us out here, I have put 100's of hours into this site

Thanks

Thread Information