eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YDC Urgent Announcement!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: YDC Urgent Announcement!

I agree - it seems to have run out of steam. Covid was not a help. YDC served a great purpose and raised large amounts of money for a lot of really worthy charities. It seems to me the tone of the forums has changed immensely recently, so the fun and banter aspect of it might not fly as much. I'm sure it could be reinstated at whatever point people thought it would be worth their time and effort. Thanks, moonie, for all your work. And thanks for being the person here who bought the very first item I sold on ebid!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I also agree with HerMajesty - YDC has run out of steam.
    We used to raise huge amounts of money for very worthwhile causes, and like all other former YDC'ers we should be happy and proud that we had such fun in the process.
    To Mooney and all former YDC organisers, a huge thank-you for your time and effort in making YDC run smoothly. It wasn't an easy task to undertake, trying to do the total raised in dollars and pounds - as I found out when I was lucky enough to nominate my chosen charities and had to do the calculations ....

I feel very sad that this once, so looked forward to, monthly event will be no more.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Attachment 64268
    YDC had a very good run for many many years.
    One day someone will come along and revitalize it.
    I certainly had my fair share of success with it.
    But for now, my friends, it's goodbye.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well this is sad to read, sorry to put my 2 penny worth in, think it slowly lost its attraction (and some may think I am wrong, but it is my opinion) when the thread for ydc was taken out of the KT, when people stopped putting on silly junky items for sale and opted to put on good better stuff, when a lot was started at only a 1p, the late night banters and nipping in the auctions to snatch a bid away from someone then gloating on the kt, the laughs that was had during the time. it simply got serious, and we all know what serious does.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbmb bb b
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm |
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mm m V
    Last edited by shezz; 4th November 2021 at 08:27 PM.
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

[QUOTE=shezz;1729866]Well this is sad to read, sorry to put my 2 penny worth in, think it slowly lost its attraction (and some may think I am wrong, but it is my opinion) when the thread for ydc was taken out of the KT, when people stopped putting on silly junky items for sale and opted to put on good better stuff, when a lot was started at only a 1p, the late night banters and nipping in the auctions to snatch a bid away from someone then gloating on the kt, the laughs that was had during the time. it simply got serious, and we all know what serious does.

It wasn't just that Shezz. So many of our very kind and generous members passed away, Meebo, Annie, Minx, Gill, Harold, Vonz, to name but a few and very few new people were coming forward to join in and then of course Covid struck. Even my own circumstances have changed and I will have to move soon so I could no longer afford to bid on the YDC like I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    Well this is sad to read, sorry to put my 2 penny worth in, think it slowly lost its attraction (and some may think I am wrong, but it is my opinion) when the thread for ydc was taken out of the KT, when people stopped putting on silly junky items for sale and opted to put on good better stuff, when a lot was started at only a 1p, the late night banters and nipping in the auctions to snatch a bid away from someone then gloating on the kt, the laughs that was had during the time. it simply got serious, and we all know what serious does.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbmb bb b
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mm m V

It wasn't just that Shezz. So many of our very kind and generous members passed away, Meebo, Annie, Minx, Gill, Harold, Vonz, to name but a few and very few new people were coming forward to join in and then of course Covid struck. Even my own circumstances have changed and I will have to move soon so I could no longer afford to bid on the YDC like I used to.
    [/QUOTE]

My silly stuff vanished because I moved to Eastbourne and following my time in ICU I haven't been able to walk as far as the nearest post office, so could only offer items I could send directly via my suppliers. When we lost Meebo and Annie very close together we lost 2 of our busier supporters and they and others weren't replaced as active fundraisers.

I took up the reins of co-ordinator just before COVID hit and many of our group were unable to leave home, at the same time as a lot of retailers and so on they might have used, were closed down. Many factors were involved
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

It was a sad day once the YDC finished, but as been said already we lost far too many of the old gang of loyal supporters, all are sadly missed. It would be nice to see it back again, but would need a good amount of newer sellers to join in. Also it is a bit time consuming to organise and most of us do not have the time or energy to do it.

Thread Information