Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IOSS numbers

Forum Newbie
    View bgandc's Feedback (+2841)
    All-About bgandc
    View bgandc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default IOSS numbers

are ebid going to provide IOSS numbers for the selling of items into the EU from the UK?

Default Re: IOSS numbers

Yes they are. This was the reply I got from support on the 29th June.

At the moment we are still waiting for our IOSS registration number to come back. Once we receive it (anticipate next 14 days), we will be implementing the necessary requirements. This will take the burden off you to charge VAT. We will do this for you.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Yes they are. This was the reply I got from support on the 29th June.

At the moment we are still waiting for our IOSS registration number to come back. Once we receive it (anticipate next 14 days), we will be implementing the necessary requirements. This will take the burden off you to charge VAT. We will do this for you.
    I assume (but I may well be very wrong) That "we will be implementing the necessary requirements" means that for a UK seller having customers within the European Union they the seller will have to accept the payments through PayPal.

This will allow eBid to deduct the correct amount of Value Added Tax, Pass this onto the correct authority and
    issue the seller with

The Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) number.

The Royal Mail has the following help information

1. Selling through a marketplace

If you sell through a marketplace, they are likely to have registered for IOSS. If so, you just need to assign their IOSS number in the pre-advice to us for the items sold through the marketplace.
    Marketplace sellers who sell via eBay, Etsy and NotOnTheHighStreet can continue to visit their local Post Office in the normal way. Those customers should declare which of these marketplaces their items were sold on, when presenting them at the Post Office counter, and the Post Office branch will capture this information. The correct marketplace IOSS number will then be allocated to your item by Royal Mail. If you are selling goods on other marketplace places you can use the Royal Mail Click & Drop service – where you will find instructions how to do this.

https://www.royalmail.com/import-one-stop-shop-ioss?PSID=Google_PPC&cid=IN_FY2122_SM_717000000839 70454_58700007115105822&gclid=CjwKCAjwoZWHBhBgEiwA iMN66S3AZkwD7yEIguIBGR_2EtNLQArsWf46b4wSaVCOv0gnS3 xF7dkLYRoC9rUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited by MPS16; 8th July 2021 at 11:23 AM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

I'm afraid I have taken off my European postage rates now as it has just become too complicated. I just want to be able to take my parcels to the post office and not have to spend time producing my own shipping labels and searching for the right HS tarriff numbers for all my different items from confusing government lists !

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

@gazza
    I have an item due to end tomorrow 18/7 destination the Netherlands. Will taxes be collected by eBid or can it be sent normally for them to pay duties on?
    If it will have duties collected by eBid - I will then have to sort out a printer cartridge to print labels & use click & drop

Forum Newbie
    View jw1's Feedback (+11)
    All-About jw1
    View jw1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does anyone know if IOSS support is working yet? I have an online website selling goods, but, having been dormant on eBid for some time, decided that I'd much rather support my overseas buyers using eBid due to eBay's frankly disgusting fees (19% overall when I exported to a country with 24% VAT on goods valued at just over £10).

Due to an offer yesterday I upgraded to SELLER+ Lifetime, and have tried listing one of my products. Sadly when I Spanish friend tried it out, no VAT was charged, and thus it's obviously not an IOSS-compliant sale.

Am I doing something wrong - or is eBid not supporting IOSS yet?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jw1 View Post
    Does anyone know if IOSS support is working yet? I have an online website selling goods, but, having been dormant on eBid for some time, decided that I'd much rather support my overseas buyers using eBid due to eBay's frankly disgusting fees (19% overall when I exported to a country with 24% VAT on goods valued at just over £10).

Due to an offer yesterday I upgraded to SELLER+ Lifetime, and have tried listing one of my products. Sadly when I Spanish friend tried it out, no VAT was charged, and thus it's obviously not an IOSS-compliant sale.

Am I doing something wrong - or is eBid not supporting IOSS yet?

I don't know about eBid and IOSS. I suggest that you contact eBid support (support@ebid.net).
    It would be very helpful to other eBid users if you could post their reply on this forum.

Forum Newbie
    All-About jw1
    View jw1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I don't know about eBid and IOSS. I suggest that you contact eBid support (support@ebid.net).
    It would be very helpful to other eBid users if you could post their reply on this forum.
    Thanks Tony - I will do so. Thought I'd best ask here first, as eBid's own help sections is clear that if your question is answered in the forum you'll go to the bottom of their inbox!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    I assume (but I may well be very wrong) That "we will be implementing the necessary requirements" means that for a UK seller having customers within the European Union they the seller will have to accept the payments through PayPal.

This will allow eBid to deduct the correct amount of Value Added Tax, Pass this onto the correct authority and
    issue the seller with

The Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) number.
    This is correct. It is a huge undertaking for our developers, involving revamping the entire checkout process. We hope to have good news in the near term. We will let everyone know in due course once we are about to go live. Please bear with us. We truly appreciate everyone's continued support and patience.
    http://www.ebid.net
    Home of the Zero Fee Online Auction
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn

Forum Newbie
    All-About jw1
    View jw1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This is correct. It is a huge undertaking for our developers, involving revamping the entire checkout process. We hope to have good news in the near term. We will let everyone know in due course once we are about to go live. Please bear with us. We truly appreciate everyone's continued support and patience.
    Thanks Mark - I guess it was you who replied to my query. It's almost the same wording, so I won't copy it back here!

Thread Information