Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creating shipping label

Angry Creating shipping label

I recently sold my first item here on Ebid, and was shocked to find out I can’t even create a shipping label here on Ebid’s (slightly outdated) platform!

Does anyone else find it (a tad) inconvenient that if you want to ship let’s say by Fedex, you must login to their website to do so. Then type in buyer's name and address VS a few easy strokes of the button using Ebay. If I made a lot of sales here on Ebid, this would take quite a bit more time.

Then I find out Fedex requires Buyer’s phone number. So I return to Ebid’s site, look under Buyer’s Contact Details. Strangely, no phone number present!!

So I email Buyer, wait a day for a reply, only to have him refuse to give his number, instead stating to just drop it off at fedex.

If I agreed to do so, not only would I have to write the label by hand, I wouldn’t be receiving the shipping discount that I get on Fedex’s site, plus I’d have to drive 5 more miles out of my way VS dropping it off at Walgreens, a mile away. Luckily I did manage to convince buyer to give me his number.

So now I’ve just made my 2nd sale. Same thing. No phone number available! I emailed buyer a day ago. Still awaiting for a reply. Who knows, maybe he’ll never respond! Again, I find this very inconvenient.

(EBID, AT LEAST MAKE IT MANDATORY TO HAVE BUYER’S PHONE NUMBER ON THEIR CONTACT DETAIL!!!)

Does anybody else find creating a label as inconvenient and frustrating as I do???

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Creating shipping label

On your sold item, click on "P" payment and it will let you go to your Paypal account to print your shipping label. This is what I am doing right now.

No - it's not frustrating, there is a learning curve here.

REVISED:
    You have been a member since 2012.
    Then you should know the ins and outs during this time or ask questions prior.
    Sometimes, you just need to help yourself.

Response to Policequilts - NO FEDEX SHIPPING LABELS ON PAYPAL!

It's now day 2, still no reply by buyer giving me his number. As I don't have buyer's phone number I can't even create a shipping label on Fedex's site.

No, this isn't frustrating at all!

View Inknook's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fedex sounds like a right pain. I'm in the UK but never encountered a courier that demands the customer's phone number! Hope you can get it sorted.

It has now been 4 days since I emailed buyer asking for their number - Still NO REPLY!

And over 48 hours since I opened an Ebid support ticket asking how am I to create a Fedex label without buyer's number - NO REPLY!!

And Ebid's forum, only 2 users responding within the last 3 days (Although not very helpful thanks) has less traffic than old route 66!!!

Learning curve - I've learned these last few days that Ebid isn't a very good alternative to Ebay

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoolSong4u2c View Post
    It has now been 4 days since I emailed buyer asking for their number - Still NO REPLY!

And over 48 hours since I opened an Ebid support ticket asking how am I to create a Fedex label without buyer's number - NO REPLY!!

And Ebid's forum, only 2 users responding within the last 3 days (Although not very helpful thanks) has less traffic than old route 66!!!

Learning curve - I've learned these last few days that Ebid isn't a very good alternative to Ebay

I don't think it is fair for you to rant against eBid forum users. Have you considered that users of the eBid forum may not be able to help you? It seems to be a USA problem so only USA forum users could help and eBid is a British owned site and the majority of members are British. The problem does seem to me to be a Fedex problem rather than an eBid one.

Excuse me tony41, not fair for me to rant against users you say. I simply stated I only received 2 replies so far, furthermore, I thanked the only 2 that did reply, even though not very helpful. (Although not very helpful thanks)

You state this seems to be a Fedex problem rather than a Ebid problem. I suppose you're right. I'll go contact Fedex first thing Monday morning, and ask them what Ebid's buyer's phone number is? Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction tony41.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoolSong4u2c View Post
    So you waited 4 days and never bother to pick up the phone and call FED EX from day one.
    Talk about customer service as a seller.

Sorry, but I don't ship Fed Ex but USPS and UPS.
    Have you thought about even calling a multiple shipping service to see what can be done?
    I use a multiple shipping service when comparing rates on heavy items and they check every carrier for me.

Hey, let's all start gaining up on the new guy. (I'm game!)

Let's right, I emailed the buyer very same day asking for his phone number, then started this forum, then contacted Ebid support.

I'd love to pick up the phone and speak to Ebid. Oh, that's right, cheapskate Ebid doesn't have phone support, just email support that they don't respond to!!!

Thread Information