eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creating shipping label

View Inknook's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Creating shipping label

I wouldn't give my number to a seller even if asked. This isn't eBid's problem it's Fedex's, what did their support say when you contacted them?

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoolSong4u2c View Post
    Hey, let's all start gaining up on the new guy. (I'm game!)

Let's right, I emailed the buyer very same day asking for his phone number, then started this forum, then contacted Ebid support.
    You contact the buyer
    You started a forum thread
    You contacted eBid
    BUT, you did not contact FED EX who is requiring a phone number on the labels.
    I think you are missing an important step here. Call FED EX (like you say on Monday)

No I am not ganging up on you.
    You need to help yourself at times.
    This is a selling platform and it gives you an opportunity to sell your wares, just promote your items.

PS I wouldn't give my phone number to a seller, either

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inknook View Post
    Fedex sounds like a right pain. I'm in the UK but never encountered a courier that demands the customer's phone number! Hope you can get it sorted.
    I regularly use carriers here in the UK to send parcels within the UK. Some carriers request the buyer's number and some don't.

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoolSong4u2c View Post
    Hey, let's all start gaining up on the new guy. (I'm game!)

Let's right, I emailed the buyer very same day asking for his phone number, then started this forum, then contacted Ebid support.

I'd love to pick up the phone and speak to Ebid. Oh, that's right, cheapskate Ebid doesn't have phone support, just email support that they don't respond to!!!
    I'm from the other another place and never use couriers direct I use Parcel2Go who offer most if not all courier services:

https://www.parcel2go.com

Some couriers ask for a phone number and, when they do, I don't even attempt to ask my buyer, it's not essential but is yet another facility either for hackers or those who want to release data; the only person who has my mobile number is my wife.

Sometimes, if demanded, I enter 00000 000000, surprising how well it works in many cases.

I'd give P2G a go, the prices are spot prices and are often cheaper than going direct through a courier.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronAudio View Post
    Hi Cool,

don't be too put off by the 'warm' welcome on this site. There are a lot of cobwebs here that need bl;lowing away to make it better. The site is essentially split into two factions those that really want to see the site grow and improve to become an eBay rival, and those that are really stuck in their ways and want no change whatsoever , see the thread about ebid tape.

This is a great site with massive potential, but is being held back by the dead wood that don't want change ubnder any circumstance because they treat it as hobby ' post - I have 20,000 sales in 12 years average 10p each at best, that averages as £3.2 a WEEK. and the post and res[onders think this is great - they have over 50,000 listings on or around the 10p mark. The interesting part is that the owners will have made a total of £40 from all of those sales across teh 12 years (amortised inflation over that time is 37%) so it is hardly worth connecting the servers up for that.

[ As an aside eBay would only need to make one sale of £200 to recover the same amount for their owners and they do that every single minute of every day and of course is one of the reasons so many people are leaving eBay. There really must be a compromise fee for thjis site that is not so low as to be worthless and not so high as to be wholly unacceptable.]

Others just see eBid as a place to talk to their on-line friends and join together to see off the new people 'newbies'. They see the site as their property and not to be tamperd with. They are not that interested in selling, or for that matter buying. The people who have been on the site longest have an eBid atribute of 'saint'. On the whole these 'saints' are set in their ways, tend to be mildly abusive towards any idea for change and will gang up on a proposer. Much like eBay in that respect.

I can see the massive potential on the site and I am prepaired to wage a very long campaign to push for change. Please see my other threads. Unfortunatly one post 'Why Has Nobody Heard Of eBd' attracting over 4.5K views and 350+ responses was taken down by the administrator, I guess one of the 'saints' just went too far in their response. A real shame, but I guess it was their only way to silence the thread.

I cannot help you with your enquiry, but I will welcome you to the site and let you konw there is a ground swell to improve the site. There are a number of migrants from eBay and they can also see te site's potential. Please list good stuff at higher prices and open a shop. The site is currenty a good place to buy older stuff, as often the peopel have lintings on here for so long they have no idea of currrent values and are not regulary updating the values. Swoop in and grab the bargans.

good luck and welcome EA

You have shown your true colours!! You are prepared to force your views by posting them on threads where they are completely irrelevant, such as this one. On an earlier thread you demanded that the owners of this site give you a timetable for the changes YOU want to make. By what right do you make this demand?
    You have also advocated a hostile takeover of eBid by venture capitalists, in yet another thread.
    You are so persistent and obviously intend to remain so that I am beginning to wonder if you are acting on behalf of some organisation who wants to destroy eBid.
    If you are so keen to improve eBid and not destroy it, why don't you do what you advise in the last paragraph. List good stuff (or any stuff) and open a shop.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebidewithme View Post
    ........I'd give P2G a go, the prices are spot prices and are often cheaper than going direct through a courier.
    But the OP CoolSong4u2c is in the USA.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    You have shown your true colours!! You are prepared to force your views by posting them on threads where they are completely irrelevant, such as this one. On an earlier thread you demanded that the owners of this site give you a timetable for the changes YOU want to make. By what right do you make this demand?
    You have also advocated a hostile takeover of eBid by venture capitalists, in yet another thread.
    You are so persistent and obviously intend to remain so that I am beginning to wonder if you are acting on behalf of some organisation who wants to destroy eBid.
    If you are so keen to improve eBid and not destroy it, why don't you do what you advise in the last paragraph. List good stuff (or any stuff) and open a shop.
    I doubt they are acting on behalf of anyone. They are just an ineffective troll who really won't get anything changed here as they are going about things in totally the wrong way

They are entertainment for me for when I take a break from work.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronAudio View Post
    ........When I can see a change of attitude from the indigenous long term population, toward making the site move toward its real potential, i probably will open a shop, until then I fear that those highly resistant to change and those that indulge in hate speech will just sabotage it, as that appears to be the prevailing aggressive attitude from them. At least that wmakes the eBay posters feel at home
    Please refer to the attached definition of Hate Speech.

I think you are wrong to use that term here.

hate speech

Learn to pronounce

noun
    noun: hate speech

abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation.
    "we don't tolerate any form of hate speech"
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    But the OP CoolSong4u2c is in the USA.
    Yes I didn't spot that; over there they have similar, Stackry is one.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Please refer to the attached definition of Hate Speech.

I think you are wrong to use that term here.

hate speech

Learn to pronounce

noun
    noun: hate speech

abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation.
    "we don't tolerate any form of hate speech"
    I think referring to the experienced and well respected members on here as "indigenous long term population"

looks very like a throw back to colonialism to me.

Thread Information