Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creating shipping label

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Creating shipping label

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronAudio View Post
    abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular groupNicely caught the definition, thank you for providing the opportunity to demonstrate it.
    You have amended the definition of Hate Speech to remove the part that does not suit your narrative

"especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation"
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

I see a lot has happened since my last reply. Anyway, here is the latest.

I took ebiewithme's (GOOD) advice and put in all ze0000000000's. IT WORKED!!! Before that, I was considering finding the area code and just make up a number, but I hated to go that route.

Also, I finally received a response from Ebid yesterday to my,
    "HOW AM I EXPECTED TO CREATE A FEDEX LABEL WHEN FEDEX REQUIRES ME TO HAVE A PHONE NUMBER YET EBID'S BUYER"S DETAIL DOESN'T SHOW ONE???" Ebid's reply...

"Thank you for the information. You make a good point.

We have forwarded the information to our developers to review and update as necessary."

Today I received a lengthy reply from Ebid as shown below...

"Thanks for bringing up the problem with us. It's not one we've had requests for before but we can see improvements can be made in this example as the situation you are in is far from ideal. We do give access to email addresses and messaging systems on the after After Sale Log which can allow contact to be made but obviously having to request a phone number is a stage which is frustrating and not receiving one after having requested one is even more so.

As we don't force new users to give us phone numbers when registering it could become a larger problem as we move into the future. The reasons for not requiring phone numbers go back years and the change to not require them was made quite a while ago with much thought and discussion and at the moment we are not going to change the policy back to fix the Fedex problem.

What we can do is to improve the purchase flow and to check to see if Fedex is a the chosen shipping option when making a purchase and if so then to ask for a phone number at this point. This seems to be the best solution.

Again, thanks for bringing it up as we are eager to smooth the buying and selling process as much as we can and are always open to listening to ideas and real world problems.

Best Wishes,
    XXXXX"

Just for the record, Ebay has the buyer's Phone number listed with their contact info so shouldn't be that big a deal. Frankly I'd rather have the buyer's number. It's FRUSTRATING whenever a package is returned on count that the address was wrong if all Fedex had to do was call the buyer and ask for directions!

View Inknook's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoolSong4u2c View Post
    I took ebiewithme's (GOOD) advice and put in all ze0000000000's. IT WORKED!!! Before that, I was considering finding the area code and just make up a number, but I hated to go that route.
    Not helpful but wanted to say I'm glad it got sorted, adding zeros is a great workaround
    Last edited by Inknook; 12th July 2021 at 03:37 PM.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just received this from Paypal about shipping.

We are making changes to PayPal Shipping that we wanted to notify you of. Starting July 2021, we will be moving PayPal Shipping to a new platform powered by ShipStation, a third-party solution that specializes in shipping services.

The new shipping platform allows you to find the best option for each shipment by comparing rates across a selection of carriers and services.

Additionally, you will continue to have access to all the same features you have today, including:

• Access to discounts on USPS and UPS labels
    • Seller Protection1 coverage on eligible purchases/shipments so that you’re protected from disputes and claims
    • Ability to purchase and print shipping labels for multiple orders (coming soon)

What this means for you:

• You will need to connect your PayPal account to ShipStation the first time you use the new platform. To start, log onto your PayPal account, select start a shipping label order, and connect your account with ShipStation. You will need to select your shipping preferences after you connect to the new platform (your current settings will not be carried over).
    • Your previous shipments and tracking information are still available in your PayPal account history

It looks like some more changes, and it may be a positive one for those using other carriers.

That's great news! And long overdue!
    SupermanSong.com

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    I just received this from Paypal about shipping.

We are making changes to PayPal Shipping that we wanted to notify you of. Starting July 2021, we will be moving PayPal Shipping to a new platform powered by ShipStation, a third-party solution that specializes in shipping services.

It looks like some more changes, and it may be a positive one for those using other carriers.

Last night, I was trying to look at ship station and they seem to have monthly fees.

I was trying to search Paypal community to see if using Paypal will not be forced into a monthly ship station fee or it's free use, but Paypal community had questions of linking to ship station right at the moment.

I wonder if it's free when using paypal.

I was planning on opening an account with Pirate Ship.
    They do have shipping with by priority cubic which will work great with some of the glass items I haven't listed yet.

Paypal merchant fees are jumping up from 2.9 to 3.4 percent, therefor it should be free. At least in the perfect universe that I wish I lived in. Unfortunately I don't live in that parallel universe, so it's probable NOT free.
    SupermanSong.com

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoolSong4u2c View Post
    Paypal merchant fees are jumping up from 2.9 to 3.4 percent, therefor it should be free. At least in the perfect universe that I wish I lived in. Unfortunately I don't live in that parallel universe, so it's probable NOT free.
    It's known as added value but only applies to the rule makers.

Thread Information