eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encouraging customers to leave feedback?

View Inknook's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Encouraging customers to leave feedback?

How? Grateful for any tips.

I currently include a note on the packing invoice & always try to mention feedback if we're messaging but other than that how else to remind buyers to pop back for this?

Default Re: Encouraging customers to leave feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Inknook View Post

I currently include a note on the packing invoice & always try to mention feedback if we're messaging but other than that how else to remind buyers to pop back for this?
    I include a little printed slip taped to the item I sell. Not on the actual item as I package it (usually in bubble wrap), attach the slip, then finish the packaging off (usually in a box). I fit's for a comic/magazine, I attach the slip to the comic bag.
    My wording goes:
    Please leave feedback once you receive this. Follow us on Facebook for latest additions. Kind Regards.

Although these days it seams that the majority of buyers do not bother leaving any feedback, even some return buyers in my experience.
    Good luck on sales and getting some FB.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks xx Think I'll shake up my wording a bit and then hope!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inknook View Post

When do you leave feedback for the buyer?
    I leave feedback as soon as I have received payment and have posted the items purchased. I know that some sellers wait until they have received feedback from the buyer in case of problems. I think that the buyer has done their part in the sale when they have paid. Should there be any problems you want to leave feedback on you can always alter your feedback on eBid so I can see no reason for a seller to delay feedback. I think that a buyer who receives rapid feedback is more likely to leave feedback themselves.

All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I leave feedback as soon as I have received payment and have posted the items purchased. I know that some sellers wait until they have received feedback from the buyer in case of problems. I think that the buyer has done their part in the sale when they have paid. Should there be any problems you want to leave feedback on you can always alter your feedback on eBid so I can see no reason for a seller to delay feedback. I think that a buyer who receives rapid feedback is more likely to leave feedback themselves.
    That's really interesting thank you. I had been conditioned into waiting even though 'over there' as a seller it's only positive or report. Will definitely give this a try.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do the same thing as Tony41.
    I get the item(s) shipped with packing slip thanking them.

I send an email to the customer thanking them for their order
    I include the date of shipment, the way it was shipped and the tracking number.

I log in the shipping information on my eBid order.

Followed by leaving a feedback for the buyer.

Definitely leave a thank you on the packing slip with a reference to your shop's name on eBid.net.

It's hard to make a buyer leave a feedback.
    Sometimes I wish they would at least leave a thank you, then you know for sure they have the item.
    I do this on all the sites unless it was really a fantastic item. (Most items are supplies that I purchase)

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with that and have always applied that policy over in the other place. Once they have paid, they have fulfilled their part of the contract.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebidewithme View Post
    I agree with that and have always applied that policy over in the other place. Once they have paid, they have fulfilled their part of the contract.
    I totally agree with leaving feedback right away for buyers. What I like about our feedback system here is the ability to change what I have written

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Same for me as well.
    I always leave feedback as soon as payment has been made and item shipped.
    I don't encourage return feedback as it is a waste of time. Some buyers do and some don't.
    As a buyer, I always leave feedback once I receive my item and I'm happy with it.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I leave feedback for purchaser after it has been posted but find that it is not reciprocated, I had a lovely email from one buyer who was very happy with their purchase but left no feedback. I have made purchases here on ebid and left feedback on receipt of my goods one seller left feedback months later probably because of a prompt by ebid and the other for an item I purchased 2 weeks ago yet still no feedback. When I sold over on the other side I used to leave it immediately when I first started but then changed I would only leave feedback when received.

Thread Information