Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: China, Ceramic's etc How well does it do here compared to Etsy?

Default China, Ceramic's etc How well does it do here compared to Etsy?

I wanted to get honest opinions on how well China, Porcelain etc does here compared to *tsy

Do you sell items here and on any other site? How is the sell rate here compared to those other places?

I have noticed the selling rate on most things is much lower here if items are also listed on the main platforms

My issue is I have all types from Ansley, Royal Doulton, Limoges etc which have piled up and need selling, I know they will have a good chance of selling on *tsy but that site is becoming as annoying as *bay and although I want to list them here I find myself wondering if it's worth it recently

So if you list here only how is the sell rate? If you list cross list - how are sales here in comparison

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: China, Ceramic's etc How well does it do here compared to Etsy?

My advice would be put them all on here and then take one or two off at a time, list elsewhere and tell the buyers where to find the rest.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I would say on average I sell about ten pieces of pottery here a month and sometimes a lot more. I'm away on a weeks holiday and left my items running and have three parcels to pack when I get back !

I have a small shop on the craft site but it's so expensive to sell there that I usually just move a few things across from here that have been around for a while to get a fresh audience and then list new items here so it keeps my eBid listings refreshed !

Thanks for the advise and info - Think I will put them here first

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    I wanted to get honest opinions on how well China, Porcelain etc does here compared to *tsy

Do you sell items here and on any other site? How is the sell rate here compared to those other places?

I have noticed the selling rate on most things is much lower here if items are also listed on the main platforms

My issue is I have all types from Ansley, Royal Doulton, Limoges etc which have piled up and need selling, I know they will have a good chance of selling on *tsy but that site is becoming as annoying as *bay and although I want to list them here I find myself wondering if it's worth it recently

So if you list here only how is the sell rate? If you list cross list - how are sales here in comparison
    With some exceptions Porcelain, etc., is no longer flavour of the month. I've got rid of most of mine either on eBay or to charity shops. However, I still have quite a bit remaining and will probably float it as a miscellany of twenty or thirty items but I doubt it would be on here.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebidewithme View Post
    With some exceptions Porcelain, etc., is no longer flavour of the month. I've got rid of most of mine either on eBay or to charity shops. However, I still have quite a bit remaining and will probably float it as a miscellany of twenty or thirty items but I doubt it would be on here.
    But if you are seller+ you might as well list them here and wait - it's free until it sells
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    My advice would be put them all on here and then take one or two off at a time, list elsewhere and tell the buyers where to find the rest.
    That's exactly what I do Madelaine, not only with ceramics but my glass as well.

I sold a Miles Mason coffee can elsewhere last week @ £11, note in parcel drawing the buyers attention to the tea bowl, saucer, plate and trio listed here (tea bowl and soon another coffee can will be there for direct comparison @ £9.95. Fingers crossed

As you say, if a seller is Seller+ why the hesitation? Although I don't have to bother about selling rates and such-like, a listing doesn't take long to do and one thing's for certain -- If it ain't listed - it's never going to sell.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

That, Elench, has been my plan with anything which has a reasonable chance of selling first time elsewhere. and, as you can see, I just list everything here!
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Thread Information