Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it worth to upgrade to Seller account

Default is it worth to upgrade to Seller account

Im new to ebid, i want to know if its worth to upgrade to seller+ lifetime. As they have restricted many things for basic account
    The most seller here so far i can see are more stamp collection. Im wondering if this site suitable for notebook parts and electronic devices .
    And how is the search rank on google site.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: is it worth to upgrade to Seller account

Quote Originally Posted by Escservice View Post
    Im new to ebid, i want to know if its worth to upgrade to seller+ lifetime. As they have restricted many things for basic account
    The most seller here so far i can see are more stamp collection. Im wondering if this site suitable for notebook parts and electronic devices .
    And how is the search rank on google site.
    Go here:
    https://www.ebid.net/us/help/register/

Scroll down to;
    2) How do I upgrade my account?
    Compare Account Plans.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

That is a decision that you need to do some research on.

I switch to NZ selling and there are quite of few sellers from your country.

You need to decided if you want to promote your shop via social media.

For me, I need a marketplace to place my items.
    It's too expensive (right now) to set up a stand alone website, starting at $15USA/month for a certain number of listings and then the price goes up if you have a lot of items to list.

I don't mind promoting myself and working on some other projects for more exposure.

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

for me it was the money saved on fees on other sites made back my upgrade cost in about 12-18 months although the fee was less then. I sell cameras, dolls, bits & postcards mostly No stamps yet. If you can get items on social media to help push them up google search. It may take a while as some people automatically go to the other site out of habit. Make sure if you sell on both sites you dont use exactly the same title or google only show ebay result atm I can see over 22k auctions in the computing section that ship to UK and over 46k in Electronics

As kodakfish says, how long do you think it might take to get back your up-front fee? Consider how many items you will be listing and how quickly they might sell, how long will it take you to recover the fee?

Also consider your competition on ebid. If you are planning to list in crowded categories, the ability to re-list items for free gives you an advantage (or at least enables you to compete on an equal footing with sellers who do have Seller+).

In the most generalised and (possibly overly) -simplified calculation, -- the more items you have to list -- the more economic Seller+ Lifetime becomes. With a few hundred you might take a long time to get back your fee, -- with a few thousand it might not take anything like as long.

I'm selling in a niche area of vintage glass which only has about 300 items listed (most of them by me) and I have less than 500 items to sell in total. I use "Platinum Listings" @ 5p Listing Fee + 5% FVF each. They give me many of the features that are available with Seller+ but without the "free listing and re-listing" facility, which means most of my items are RUS. That works for me in a niche area.
    Last edited by theElench; 29th August 2021 at 07:41 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

I am new here also and was booted from ebay like a lot of other sellers when they shut down the adult area. On ebay the monthly cost for having a ebay store is 24 bucks a month, here its a one time fee of what 70 bucks and you only pay a 2% commission vs the 15-20% ebay takes?.... It was a no brainer for me and signed up lifetime on the first day. I've sent all my previous customers from there an email showing them the way here and I'll be able to lower my prices because of the 2% commission. Happy seller and Happy customers

https://www.ebid.net/us/stores/guiltytreasures

Forum Newbie
    All-About ZenPower
    View ZenPower's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
    Go here:
    https://www.ebid.net/us/help/register/

Scroll down to;
    2) How do I upgrade my account?
    Compare Account Plans.
    It appears that there is no comparison for many countries and the only option is Seller+. Unless there is some glitch or error, many can't upgrade to just Seller, because there is no payment processor for credit cards and no PayPal option. I was a bit shocked by this.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

No-one has a processor for credit cards except through Paypal. You can still use Paypal as a Seller. You just have to raise your own invoice as Paypal is only integrated for Seller+.

A "Platinum Listing" also gives you access to the Integrated Checkout and some of the other advantages of Seller+.

See the FAQs on the Ebid Home Page. > Selling > Platinum Listing.

In the UK the fee to use Platinum Listing is £0.05p for each listing.
    Last edited by theElench; 17th October 2021 at 05:35 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Newbie
    All-About ZenPower
    View ZenPower's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    No-one has a processor for credit cards except through Paypal. You can still use Paypal as a Seller. You just have to raise your own invoice as Paypal is only integrated for Seller+.
    It appears that you are not understanding what is going on. There is no Paypal option, for many new users, so they can't select Seller. There is only the choice of Buyer or Seller+. This looks bad, as it looks like Seller+ is being forced. I'm giving eBid the benefit of the doubt, and maybe it's a website glitch for users outside of the U.S.

Other people are noticing it too.

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...er-as-a-seller

Thread Information