Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Another Paypal User Agreement Up-date (Fee Increase.)

Default Another Paypal User Agreement Up-date (Fee Increase.)

I thought I'd mention that I received yet another User Agreement Up-date e-mail from PP although I didn't bother to read it in detail.

Surprised no-one else has mentioned it already.

If you sell to the EEA from the UK you might want look out for it in your in-box as it seemed to say that the the fee is going up.

These days when does any message from PP say anything else??

ANOTHER REASON TO GIVE THEM SOME COMPETITION IN THE INTEGRATED CHECKOUT ON EBID.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Another Paypal User Agreement Up-date (Fee Increase.)

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I thought I'd mention that I received yet another User Agreement Up-date e-mail from PP although I didn't bother to read it in detail.

If you sell to the EEA from the UK you might want look out for it in your in-box as it seemed to say that the the fee is going up.

ANOTHER REASON TO GIVE THEM SOME COMPETITION IN THE INTEGRATED CHECKOUT ON EBID.
    I also had the email, did a quick read and consigned it to the forgotten bin. I just love the way these bods say a "change to our agreement" when they mean "here is the latest diktat, take it or leave it". There's an excellent chance I will soon leave it along with the rest of the dictatorial platforms who not only charge you for using their site at the same time as imposing "agreements", at the same time as planting tracking cookies in your machine, not just for themselves but for lists of their "partners".

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have seen this update. The relevant section states

We are introducing an additional service fee of 1.29% for some international commercial transactions between the EEA and the UK.

As usual with Paypal the information is not clear. Note the use of the word "some"

It would appear that fees for transactions within the UK, within EEA or within USA will not be changed.

"It would appear that fees for transactions within the UK, within EEA or within USA will not be changed."

That's so kind of them considering how many extra billions they syphoned out of the UK due to the Pandemic. Amazed that they have the bare-faced cheek to raise fees at all as the world economy tries to right itself.

I hope Rishi is planning a "Windfall Tax" on all the on-line giants increased profits due lock-down. Might save UK pensioners having their pension increases reduced as he tries to balance the books.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Forum Lurker
    All-About ebidewithme
    Forum Posts

"It would appear that fees for transactions within the UK, within EEA or within USA will not be changed."

That's so kind of them considering how many extra billions they syphoned out of the UK due to the Pandemic. Amazed that they have the bare-faced cheek to raise fees at all as the world economy tries to right itself.

I hope Rishi is planning a "Windfall Tax" on all the on-line giants increased profits due lock-down. Might save UK pensioners having their pension increases reduced as he tries to balance the books.
    Rishi is ex-Goldman Sachs who will do nothing to stop the likes of PayPal doing whatever they want; I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

I didn't know that but I suppose it helps to explain how the on-line giants cartel never gets investigated and never pays anything like what it should in tax.

Forum Lurker
    All-About ebidewithme
    Forum Posts

I didn't know that but I suppose it helps to explain how the on-line giants cartel never gets investigated and never pays anything like what it should in tax.
    They have SARL in their titles as well.

Thread Information