Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Platinum

Forum Newbie
    All-About Zincalo
    View Zincalo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Platinum

Can anyone explain how to upgrade to platinum ? I can see no obvious way of doing it. Ebid would rather I pay £7 for seller +,but I am making my first listing,I want to see how it goes before giving them money.
    Last edited by Zincalo; 16th April 2022 at 12:47 PM.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Platinum

I not sure if it's in your listing in Section 4

I automatically signed up for a store and what I see when I am listing might be slightly different than what you would see . . .
    I know theElench list as a Platinum sellers. Hopefully he sees this posting, otherwise here's a link to his ID https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/theElench and ask him.

But this is what I see with a Store Membership

Name:  platinum.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  16.9 KB

Maybe you will see a different option of platinum.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincalo View Post
    Can anyone explain how to upgrade to platinum ? I can see no obvious way of doing it. Ebid would rather I pay £7 for seller +,but I am making my first listing,I want to see how it goes before giving them money.
    I believe that you do not need to upgrade to use a Platinum listing. There is an additional fee for every listing and a final value fee. Go to Help>Selling>Section 20 which deals with Platinum listings. You might find the whole Selling section in Help useful. Indeed Help in general can provide many answers.

Yes, the version of Section Four that I see is slightly different, I'm not Seller+, nor do I have a store.
    What I see (sorry I can't do a screen shot) has:

Seller Options "Standard" or Platinum
    Then
    Seller+ Options (with list)

As Tony said, have a read of the Help Pages, Section 20. Yes, you pay a 5p listing fee + 5% FVF on the selling price (but not P&P), but you can add up to 15 photos and make use of the integrated checkout.

I have to say that trying one listing to see if it goes might be disappointing. When I first joined I did exactly that with about five listings and sold none of them. I eventually realised the each listing had my "Recent Activity" date on it. The longer ago that date is makes it look more like you rarely visit Ebid and have little interest in your listings and cause a potential buyer to doubt that you will send the item.

I list one or two items each week-end and log-in at least once in between to keep my date "fresh".

Other things that I found have helped sales are.

Read the Help pages about how to make sure your listings qualify to be up-loaded to Goggle Shopping. Many of my buyers are making their first purchase on ebid and I'd guess that at least some of them found my item that way.

Make use of the "Plug Your Auction" Board in the Chat About Anything section of the Forum, lower down the page. I don't have a clue who views my thread there but since I started showing each weeks new listing on there, the views have increased as have sales.

Good luck.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Newbie
    All-About Zincalo
    View Zincalo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for that,what I see is similar but the only options to upgrade are in the drop down which does not offer platinum,only different seller + options.

The option to change from a Standard listing to a Platinum is on the listing form itself (Section Four). You can't "Upgrade" like you can from Seller to Seller+. The 5p fee is per listing (Or re-list) and you have to tick the box (or dot the circle) each time you want to use a Platinum listing.

Hope this helps, if you have more questions regulars here are a helpful bunch ! So ask away!
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information