Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Anyone else tired of newbies not paying?

Default Anyone else tired of newbies not paying?

Over the past couple of months I have had now 5 new members who bought a pattern and then nothing.
    No payment, no response to emails, just nothing.
    Then you cancel the order, give negative feedback and the next thing their accounts are gone.

Default Re: Anyone else tired of newbies not paying?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyknitter22 View Post
    Over the past couple of months I have had now 5 new members who bought a pattern and then nothing.
    Then you cancel the order, give negative feedback and the next thing their accounts are gone.
    I get that happening quite frequently, at least once a month.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyknitter22 View Post

You could consider using the following option in My Defaults to stop this from happening? :

Name:  ppp.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  6.7 KB

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had 2 recent sales to new members and neither paid so I invoiced them and offered to help them through the check out process if they need it, no response. Then I sent invoices through PayPal and 1 paid so am wondering if there is a problem with the payment process here.

I've only had one NPB, as you say, no payment or response to invoice or questions. What has been frustrating for me has been several buyers who buy one item and ask if I will combine postage if they buy more. I reply that I would and hear no more, eventually sending the one sold item.

IMO the ASL could do with some improvement to make it glaringly obvious that as soon as payment is made any further contact is made through it. A buyer starts a dialogue from the listing, pays and everything moves to the ASL -- end of conversation.

A friend of mine bought an item from me, admittedly they saw the item before paying and I handed it to them so no need for further messages. But when the transaction was completed and I asked them how they found ebid as a first time buyer they replied that buying and paying (with paypal) was easy. Asked about after paying, they didn't look at the ASL at all, not to check dispatch, leave FB or anything else. Most of my buyers here are new but even the few repeat buyers don't seem to grasp what the ASL is or what it can be used for.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I get at least one a month of these. To require immediate payment would spoil the multiple sales postage discount so it wouldn't work for me. I started sending a message pointing out that I'm a real person. Usually, this makes no difference but recently someone fought back. "But googling shows that you are a business" I fought back and blocked her.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    View RogerandOwl's Feedback (+6388)
    All-About RogerandOwl
    View RogerandOwl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sold a book on Sunday to a newbie, so far no payment. Evidently these buyers are coming through Google, I'm wondering if it's because I only have the Paypal option to pay?

Thread Information