Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can't find out how to get paid on Ebid

Forum Newbie
    All-About 6michael24
    View 6michael24's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Can't find out how to get paid on Ebid

How do you get paid on Ebid? Was asked for credit card to charge me, but it didn't ask me about any bank info to pay me for sales. Also can't find any info anywhere to give details about how to get paid. Can someone please advise?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can't find out how to get paid on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by 6michael24 View Post
    How do you get paid on Ebid? Was asked for credit card to charge me, but it didn't ask me about any bank info to pay me for sales. Also can't find any info anywhere to give details about how to get paid. Can someone please advise?
    eBid does not handle payments like some other selling sites. Paypal is integrated and you can send an invoice using eBid. Alternatively, you can make your own arrangements with the buyer for payment by any means you like (cheque, stripe or any other payment processors you care to use). The emphasis is on making your own arrangements with the buyer regarding payment.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do you have a Paypal account for payment?

Go under My eBid
    Go under My Options
    Select : My Personal Detail
    * Scroll down to the bottom and set up to link to Paypal account.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I notice you have credit and debit cards as your listing mode of payment. Would recommend that you utilize Paypal, using process described by Policequilt.

Paypal is the only integrated payment system for eBid right now. You can also use non-integrated methods such as Stripe, Google Pay, Venmo, checks, money orders, crypto, etc., but would need to send your buyer an eBid invoice with payment information.

I still do not accept PayPal as a payment method. eBid had discussed integrating Stripe as a payment method eons ago, but I haven't noticed any forward motion in that direction. Hope you do well here. You have a very nice store banner and proposed product line.

Forum Newbie
    All-About dazleeds304
    View dazleeds304's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    eBid does not handle payments like some other selling sites. Paypal is integrated and you can send an invoice using eBid. Alternatively, you can make your own arrangements with the buyer for payment by any means you like (cheque, stripe or any other payment processors you care to use). The emphasis is on making your own arrangements with the buyer regarding payment.
    hi
    just set up a ebid account due to some other large auction site are just getting stupid with payment process, so unlike other site i have to agree payment with buyer or if i put paypal its automatic, and what are the paypal fees, or do i set is as a friend payment

thank you

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dazleeds304 View Post
    hi
    just set up a ebid account due to some other large auction site are just getting stupid with payment process, so unlike other site i have to agree payment with buyer or if i put paypal its automatic, and what are the paypal fees, or do i set is as a friend payment

thank you
    The Paypal fees went up last year and I believe they are 3.49% plus .49 flat fee. Need to check on paypal site.
    I wouldn't be using friend payment. Paypal is starting to crack down on the abuse of sellers using this process. Reading on some of the other selling sites, sellers were complaining about this.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    The Paypal fees went up last year and I believe they are 3.49% plus .49 flat fee. Need to check on paypal site.
    I wouldn't be using friend payment. Paypal is starting to crack down on the abuse of sellers using this process. Reading on some of the other selling sites, sellers were complaining about this.
    I agree with Policequilts. I would not recommend going via the friends and family route. I gather that you can lose access to Paypal that way.

Fees for transactions within UK are 2.9% + 30p. (Policequilts quoted the USA rates) I don't know what you sell but there is also a Micropayments rate of 5% + 5p. Can be cheaper if the majority of sales are small. You need to contact Paypal to convert your account to micropayments.

Forum Newbie
    All-About dazleeds304
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I agree with Policequilts. I would not recommend going via the friends and family route. I gather that you can lose access to Paypal that way.

Fees for transactions within UK are 2.9% + 30p. (Policequilts quoted the USA rates) I don't know what you sell but there is also a Micropayments rate of 5% + 5p. Can be cheaper if the majority of sales are small. You need to contact Paypal to convert your account to micropayments.
    thank you
    mostly small price items no more than £10

Forum Newbie
    All-About dazleeds304
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    thank you will look into this

Thread Information