eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay so where do sellers go from here?

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Okay so where do sellers go from here?

New and old sellers read of the 'crap' on the kitchen table that we all experience in everyday life - sorry but every single one of us has experience of one-or-the-other of engagement/marriage/divorce/illness etc. as well as death. I've been through every one of them!. So, to get eBid going forward as the new seller/buyer platform lets get eBid GOING, GOING. GOING, SOLD/BOUGHT. Ebid can only go onwards as an alternative to eBay PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop the 'everything' that you ALL suffer from/going through! It's called life and none of know what the future holds in either life or eath?

So, rather than using the Kitchen Table on eBid as your 'letting-off-steam' , 'need.someone.to let-off-steam- platform why not contact the many other platforms available online or make a phone call free of charge.

Make eBid what is was; an alternative to eBay, please.

The Kitchen Table is the heart of the home. Make the Kitchen Table the heart of buying/selling on eBid and not just the doom and gloom.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Okay so where do sellers go from here?

Hi Gill, nice to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    New and old sellers read of the 'crap' on the kitchen table that we all experience in everyday life - sorry but every single one of us has experience of one-or-the-other of engagement/marriage/divorce/illness etc. as well as death. I've been through every one of them!. So, to get eBid going forward as the new seller/buyer platform lets get eBid GOING, GOING. GOING, SOLD/BOUGHT. Ebid can only go onwards as an alternative to eBay PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop the 'everything' that you ALL suffer from/going through! It's called life and none of know what the future holds in either life or eath?

So, rather than using the Kitchen Table on eBid as your 'letting-off-steam' , 'need.someone.to let-off-steam- platform why not contact the many other platforms available online or make a phone call free of charge.

The Kitchen Table is the heart of the home. Make the Kitchen Table the heart of buying/selling on eBid and not just the doom and gloom.
    Thank goodness - someone who types some sense. We need to get the traffic to us and work out how. Would love to start a forum with ideas which cost nothing to get traffic

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JewelleryMagic View Post
    Thank goodness - someone who types some sense. We need to get the traffic to us and work out how. Would love to start a forum with ideas which cost nothing to get traffic
    I disagree with the OP's original point - we all need somewhere to vent but

https://www.ebid.net/forums/forumdis...ur-eBid-Stores
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some of the selling threads are under "Ways to Promote . . ." and "Selling, Starting Auctions and eBid Store "

Please, start some new threads under Kitchen Table.
    You are able to start threads.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with you. I have often wondered what impression of eBid a newcomer gets by reading the thread "Over half a million auctions at last!!!!" It is this thread which contains the vast majority of posts about irrelevancies like Asda orders and wheelie bin collections to quote a couple of exceptions. I believe that such posts have no place in a forum on a seller/buyer site. They are more appropriate to a Facebook or Whatsapp group.

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    Some of the selling threads are under "Ways to Promote . . ." and "Selling, Starting Auctions and eBid Store "

Please, start some new threads under Kitchen Table.
    You are able to start threads.
    The problem with starting new threads on important matters under the Kitchen Table is that they can very easily get lost in the mass of irrelevant threads. The two examples of headings you quote are more suitable.

Gosh I do apologise for boring the world for all these years -

and to remember fondly the likeminded people who have graced the KT,
    good friends who dealt with their serious problems with courage and grace
    and found a little light relief here ...and have now passed over or passed on..
    So time to say Goodbye, Farewell ..

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Thankfully, many people on the 'irrelevant' posts are on that thread to'chat about anything'.

As CarnoustieCats rightly pointed out, some friends we made on that thread are remembered with fondness.as their posts are still there

When I couldn't access this forum while in hospital, following my cardiac arrest, one of our most active posters kindly started a thread to let everyone know what had happened.

After I came home and found the thread, I was encouraged by all the support shown to me.

I make no apologies for the irrelevant posts there..
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Well said, mooney.

I disagree with OP's post re "New and old sellers read of the 'crap' on the kitchen table".

The thread targetted for criticism has been going for a very long time and for many is a source of friendship, evoking a sense of belonging to a site that welcomes all - unlike others I could mention.
    The heading for KT states "chat about anything" and that is exactly what posters do. I doubt if a new seller would find offence in the (quote) "crap" therein.
    As for old sellers as chocolateface says, some of us here have made new friends whom we care about, and old friends that have been sadly missed upon their passing. If the thread is not to your liking, why read the posts?

As for, and I quote " Make the Kitchen Table the heart of buying/selling on eBid" .... surely there are enough threads to promote buying/selling? (Check out Madelaines post)
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read everyone's comments and all I can say is, no one is forced to take part or read certain threads/posts.
    The Kitchen Table forum, to me, is a place to share experiences, whatever it may be and to get to know members on a more friendlier/personal basis plus a lot of learning can be had there as well.
    If you have a certain question concerning buying/selling/glitches and you want specific answers, then, there is a forum for that too.
    Kitchen Table is a part of eBid and shows the world that we are real people with real feelings, problems, successes, failures and more.

Thread Information