Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: PayPal alternatives

Default Re: PayPal alternatives

Exactly, it's the same info. on both and in these days of needing 2step verification to even check your account balance, what can anyone do with the info.?

I think I'll add BACS /EFT to all my listings as no-one has has suggested any strong reason why it might not be a good idea.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Elench,
    Since you have a separate account - you are good to go!
    Might not gain many sales, because it doesn't offer buyer protection, but you are a well-established seller and that may not worry some buyers.
    What is EFT?
    Marie.

Well, as no-one has mentioned any real draw-backs, I think I might as well. I've added it to a few listings since paypal started being less than reliable about letting me log-in to my account, several years ago. No-one has ever used it before so probably won't generate much interest, but at least it's an alternative for others who don't use paypal.

Sorry, I don't know what "EFL" means. On the ebid listing form under payment methods it says "BACS /EFL bank transfer". When talking in the bank they mentioned BACS is usually used for large sums like pay-roll, so I'd assume EFL is for bank transfers of smaller sums.

On the subject of paypal. When they started causing head-aches for anyone without a mobile phone, I did mention that as they had split from obay there might be less buyers using it as it was no longer compulsory to buy there. Perhaps this is just my first case of a buyer here who is "paypal-less".
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post

Sorry, I don't know what "EFL" means. On the ebid listing form under payment methods it says "BACS /EFL bank transfer". .

EFL: Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Explained: A Complete Guide (moneytransferexpert.co.uk)

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

BACS is an EFL, just like Paypal is an EFL

Here in the UK I would be afraid of a footballer arriving at my door as EFL is usually English Football League
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

I stopped using Paypal after 20 years because of the BS they tried to put me through after fleebay took over the payments. I was selling items on eBid and it helped having Paypal but I'm not going to wait 21 days after a sale to receive my money from them. (Anything over $300 a month gets put on hold including the shipping-so I have to pay out of pocket for the shipping up-front).

I signed up for Stripe and mention it in my listings but have not made one sale since doing so. As a result I no longer take the time to list any new inventory on eBid. It's a shame, eBid really does have potential. I wish they would "Integrate" other payment methods like Paypal is currently.

Stripe has better fees then Paypal too.

I periodically check on this site and forums to see if any changes have been made yet to support it.

21 days is just way too long, PP don't do themselves any favours with stupid changes which is why Google Pay etc are growing

This site has had numerous opportunities to grow especially when *bay started manage payments and dropped PP and even to this day many buyers now go to other sites due to their awful search engine but eBid is not an alternative option for said buyers.
    The weirdest thing is many sellers on the large sites like eBid's layout and search results being good but none of them use it since the traffic is dire, they have basic payment options and do zero advertising.
    It's been a terrible year on this site compared to last year and I basically use it as a placeholder for listing that drop off the larger sites and the annoying thing is I have wanted this site to grow and shame the big boys but lets be honest, that day will never come unless they spend some money on advertising! If I had 1 roll of branded tape like they had in the good old days, probably 50 people would see the tape on their parcels from other site sales, some would visit the site and some would mention it in conversation, its not rocket science

Thread Information