Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PayPal alternatives

Angry Re: PayPal alternatives

INSANE that don't offer other payment options.

I looked @ Payoneer, Wise, Neteller, Skrill, Payza, World First & Entropay. It was overwhelming to know which one for a freelancer / individual to use in US.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: PayPal alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by GalacticFleetLord View Post
    INSANE that don't offer other payment options.

I looked @ Payoneer, Wise, Neteller, Skrill, Payza, World First & Entropay. It was overwhelming to know which one for a freelancer / individual to use in US.
    I am still trying to find an alternative to Paypal for those items that Paypal does not allow such as stamps featuring the Shah of Iran, or 1930s Syria
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Is my memory playing tricks on me when I remember talk that Stripe was being integrated as an alternative to PP? It's gone to the back of my mind as PP hasn't been messing around recently and has provided an adequate service for the first time in years. Second level verification every few months, code number on screen, phone rings in seconds -- done.

But I still think the way to stop these monopoly corporations getting too big for their boots and raising their charges whenever they want, is to make them compete with each other. So I'd still like to see some other options integrated here.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Is my memory playing tricks on me when I remember talk that Stripe was being integrated as an alternative to PP? It's gone to the back of my mind as PP hasn't been messing around recently and has provided an adequate service for the first time in years. Second level verification every few months, code number on screen, phone rings in seconds -- done.

But I still think the way to stop these monopoly corporations getting too big for their boots and raising their charges whenever they want, is to make them compete with each other. So I'd still like to see some other options integrated here.

What I remember is that :

Stripe was integrated for Sellers to pay their fees, but not to pay or receive payment for the sale of our goods.

Yes, I would love to have Stripe integrated as an alternative payment option.

We asked for it many times and its never happened and probably won't ever happen

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

In the USA people can send money to a contact with their smartphone, but in the UK bank regulations do not allow it. If regulations change apps are ready to go.
    The nearest we can get is, if your Bank uses it, you can set up Paym in your app, and then someone who has you as a contact can select your name and send you money from their smartphone
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Obviously I must have mis-understood then. But if it didn't happen with Stripe, when it was actually integrated to pay Ebid bills, I don't think it's likely to happen with any of the list that @ GalacticFleetLord gives which I think is a shame.

Admittedly I don't know about the costs of integrating a payment method, would they charge Ebid for the service? Or would they pay ebid for the privilege of becoming integrated and the extra business that would bring them?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I found this :

Name:  stripe (640x342).jpg
Views: 65
Size:  74.8 KB

I was trying to find an email that I wrote to eBid - but no luck

I had asked where is the Stripe option on the listings and it was explained to me ( USA) that we only can use it to pay our fees.
    Supposedly, they were working with Stripe to get it for our listings but that has been a long time coming.

I used to have Stripe as an alternative payment method on my stand alone website, but I had difficulties with them retaining payments made to me for a number of weeks and their fees were higher than Paypal so I switched back to Paypal.

Perhaps not such a great alternative then?

Although having said that, these days it seems that most companies that you entrust your money to thinks themselves entitled to hang onto it in the name of 'security'.

But surely there must be at least one other payment processor worth adding to ebid?
    Last edited by theElench; 4th October 2023 at 06:13 AM.

Thread Information