Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Listing NOT uploading to Google

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Listing NOT uploading to Google

I have the following listing that does NOT seem to be uploading to Google. Does anyone see why it is not uploading?

I have put EXEMPT in the MPN spot as I normally do when there is no number and I have Bradford Exchange in the BRAND spot. EDIT ** I have removed brand to see if that will help it upload. EDIT ** Removing the brand apparently didn't help so I have put it back in.

This is my listing:
    Princess Diana Bradford Exchange Diana: Queen of our Hearts collection 8 plates [209151156]

I find it strange that eBid is an official Marketplace Partner of Google but, when you click to search "shopping" on Google, eBid is not even included in the list on the left to search.

I will appreciate any help you can give and thanks in advance, Peggy
    Last edited by ropegg; 25th June 2022 at 11:13 PM.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listing NOT uploading to Google

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I have the following listing that does NOT seem to be uploading to Google. Does anyone see why it is not uploading?

I have put EXEMPT in the MPN spot as I normally do when there is no number and I have Bradford Exchange in the BRAND spot. EDIT ** I have removed brand to see if that will help it upload. EDIT ** Removing the brand apparently didn't help so I have put it back in.

This is my listing:
    Princess Diana Bradford Exchange Diana: Queen of our Hearts collection 8 plates [209151156]

I find it strange that eBid is an official Marketplace Partner of Google but, when you click to search "shopping" on Google, eBid is not even included in the list on the left to search.

I will appreciate any help you can give and thanks in advance, Peggy
    I have searched for your items on Google shopping but could not find them but cannot offer any advice but your final comments that being unable to find ebid on the list as the side has been raised before cannot remember which forum (2021 ?) but I do remember making the same observation as yourself and commenting on it, perhaps management would like to comment on this.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yellerbelly View Post
    I have searched for your items on Google shopping but could not find them but cannot offer any advice but your final comments that being unable to find ebid on the list as the side has been raised before cannot remember which forum (2021 ?) but I do remember making the same observation as yourself and commenting on it, perhaps management would like to comment on this.

Hi yellerbelly,

Support said it did show that Google had uploaded it but they had no control over what Google did with the data, however, if I had it listed on another market place that might be why it is not showing. I do NOT have anything even similar to this listed anyplace except this listing on eBid.

Since eBid said it had been uploaded, I have kept searching to see if I could find it and the ONLY way I have been able to find it is to search using diana queen bradford and other stuff ebid.net and who would ever use that to search for those plates.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

have you gone to my defaults and clicked the yes button on the 'eBid to Upload my BuyNows to Google Shopping?'

Previous posts have already covered everything that I would do or check so can't suggest anything that hasn't been mentioned already.

When I check GS I can always find some of my Ebid listings. Admittedly I don't check very often or go down the results very far, perhaps only the first 5 - 10 pages. Presumably I would find more if I looked further down the results.

I've never been able to discern any "logic" in what I do find, or in the order they're shown. I've speculated on other threads that this is google trying to prevent any "gaming" of the results by making it deliberately difficult to work-out? I might find an item I listed years ago first perhaps on P.1 of the results, followed by another only listed a few weeks or months ago on P.2.

I've also wondered why Ebid doesn't have a place in the side-bar list when it is showing my ebid listings. Particularly when I've sometimes found the name of someone's own web-site who appear to only have a handful of listings up-loaded, on the list.

Again, sometimes I've been able to get ebid to show-up on the list by clicking on one or two Ebid listings as though viewing them, but sometimes not.
    I'm guessing that there must be some algorythm behind what appears and when, but google seems to go to great lengths to make its results look entirely random?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information