Thread: feedback wanted please

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View rpmworld's Feedback (+121)
    All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question feedback wanted please

hi all
    need feedback on products for members use....

custom a5 leaflet to contain QR Code which directs customers to your store.

1. interested in buying
    2. design & colours

Price Tba but would try to sell at lowest cost but depends on the volume of interest to order ok
    this is not about profit but help getting ebid noticed.

Thanks Name:  sample.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  68.6 KB
    Last edited by rpmworld; 8th August 2022 at 07:19 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Default Re: feedback wanted please

Cap looks good and will probably get some attention - This is something the owners should be doing but if they let you go ahead It could work out well

I'm not sure about how QR codes work, am I right to think they're something to do with mobile phones?

As I don't have a shop on ebid would it be possible for you to produce one that takes the buyer either to a particular seller or their items?

I always put a note in parcels that have been bought elswhere, telling the buyer about my listings on ebid and anything that might get them here quicker and with less hassle would be worth trying. So I'd certainly be interested in professionally produced leaflets that could be added to my parcels, even if they can't be tailored specifically to my items or username.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

customer scans qr code with scan app on phone and it takes them direct via browser etc to one of listed below...
    1.profile
    2.shop
    3.listings
    4.mobile number
    you have 1 option on leaflet

saves them typing url or phone number etc or having to search for you
    yes it can go to your listings if you dont have a shop
    eg of mine below takes you to my listings not shop
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry to be so ignorant, would I need to get this App. for it to work for buyers?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

no the buyers should have any scan app on there phone already if not they download it free in minutes from google playstore or apple store
    so you don't need it
    most youngsters use it already as high st stores,clubs and restaurants do offers using qr codes these days

Thanks for that , I must try to keep up

I'll look out for your ad. for those as well, if you get enough interest to get some printed.

I know the boards have been quieter lately, but I thought there would have a little more interest than so far??

All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

no problem glad to help and you could be my only customer lol mabe do them by appointment like them posh shops
    yes not a lot of interest but am optimistic
    might take a bit of pushing to convince some members they need to help ebid and get the rewards later before its too late

me id rather help than keep filling the big boys pockets who squeeze the small sellers
    had 3 orders book/dvd/vhs tape last week on another big platform and i ended up owing them money for the privileged -no joke
    id been better off giving to charity
    lets just hope members wake up , see the big picture and get involved.

You may yet be surprised. Something I've noticed about the boards here is that although the number of "active" members is small, threads are often read widely but without comment. The "regulars" may not be interested, or are perhaps on holiday? Fingers crossed that when your ad. appears (Don't forget the Plug Your Auction thread) some sales will come from the "Lurkers" that are never heard from. Just don't go overboard until you get some idea of what will be required You don't want to get stuck with thousands of them!!

Frankly I'm surprised at the response (or lack of) to your posts. For example there has been a regularly revived thread about Ebid Parcel Tape, asking The Management to start selling it again and there has been mention of other promotional stuff that used to be available. Yet here we are with car stickers (hopefully) about to become available and hardly any support, or even comments from those who don't think they would be effective.

I totally agree with you about the big boys and how they run their sites and don't want ebid to go down the route of high fees which supposedly support advertising, increasing site visibility and so increasing sales for all.
    I simply don't think it's true.

IMO all pay the increased fees but most of the benefit is seen by businesses with recognised brands or thousands of items. Small sellers, particularly of one-off items, get very little in return for paying the higher fees, their buyers don't see what they are looking for mentioned on expensive national ads. aimed at the mass market. They find their way here by different routes.

Please keep us informed as your ideas go forward
    Last edited by theElench; 20th July 2022 at 07:32 AM.

All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks got some samples in stock for feedback i have listed now for 48hr discounted if you want one to test
    would like to know is size /price /quality / instructions on fitting etc if possible and appreciated
    listed under members promo section ok

Thread Information