Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: feedback wanted please

Default Re: feedback wanted please

Excellent. Did you know you can bump your Plug thread at regular intervals to keep it visible? Off hand I can't remember if you can bump once a day / once a week?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Hi again, I hope sales of your stickers are going well. Have you decided whether or not to go ahead with some A5 leaflets?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Excellent. Did you know you can bump your Plug thread at regular intervals to keep it visible? Off hand I can't remember if you can bump once a day / once a week?
    Once every 24 hours.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see these codes for scanning with iphones.
    How do you actually create a QR code?

Quote Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
    I see these codes for scanning with iphones.
    How do you actually create a QR code?

Try here: Free QR Code Generator | Adobe Express

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Thanks!

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11857)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Re: feedback wanted please

What a great idea!

It is easy enough to create a QR code to link to an url of your store. A google search will guide you through the process of how to do it - but it would be something you would best do individually... I can't forsee eBid doing it for you.

best luck!

I'm genuinely shocked at how few car stickers you sold (if FB is anything to go by). I thought a semi-permanent, mobile advert for the price of a cup of coffee(?) was good value and they would fly off your shelves. My mistake and I'm sorry to have encouraged you. My apologies.

I thought that any sellers doing even passably well here would invest a little in the chance to make the site a bit more visible with some "Speculate to accumulate" attitude? But evidently not.

At least you and a few others did try and sadly I suppose it shows that membership involvement can't be relied on to support any similar attempts in the future.

A wasted opportunity IMO and one that The Management may take note of when contemplating the "Raise fees and advertise" question?
    Last edited by theElench; 6th December 2022 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I'm genuinely shocked at how few car stickers you sold (if FB is anything to go by). I thought a semi-permanent, mobile advert for the price of a cup of coffee(?) was good value and they would fly off your shelves. My mistake and I'm sorry to have encouraged you. My apologies.

I thought that any sellers doing even passably well here would invest a little in the chance to make the site a bit more visible with some "Speculate to accumulate" attitude? But evidently not.

At least you and a few others did try and sadly I suppose it shows that membership involvement can't be relied on to support any similar attempts in the future.

A wasted opportunity IMO and one that The Management may take note of when contemplating the "Raise fees and advertise" question?
    I haven't purchased any for the following reasons:
    I don't drive
    I have access to a printer, so can print off signs myself for my windows in my house
    I can print off an a4 piece of paper with a few "eBid.net" logo's, to be cut into strips that I can then use when packaging a box etc... by using clear parcel tape

So maybe the reason they haven't flown off the shelves is that others do what i'm doing.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

My comments were definitely not directed at any one seller, or even any group of sellers. Apologies if they seemed to be.

My over-estimation of how popular they would be was based on something I quite often see on the boards. Only a few comments by active members but many more "Views" of a topic. I assumed that although only a few replied, whether for or against the idea, many more might be bought by those who never get into the discussion. As I write the Views of this thread are 1454. Even if half the viewers didn't like the idea or had no car to put a sticker in, but didn't like to say so, I mistakenly thought that there was the possibility of at least several hundred sales.

Thread Information