Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Shopping.

Default Google Shopping.

Could we have either a new section in the Forum or a pinned thread to share knowledge, give advice / tips or discuss any insights about Google Shopping please?

The subject comes up at intervals, some discussion takes place but any useful information is lost as it slips down the pages or is "house-cleaned".
    As GS brings buyers to ebid, how to get both listings and ebid as a site visible on there is perhaps important enough to have a permanent knowledge base that can be read and added to by everyone.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View rpmworld's Feedback (+121)
    All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Could we have either a new section in the Forum or a pinned thread to share knowledge, give advice / tips or discuss any insights about Google Shopping please?

The subject comes up at intervals, some discussion takes place but any useful information is lost as it slips down the pages or is "house-cleaned".
    As GS brings buyers to ebid, how to get both listings and ebid as a site visible on there is perhaps important enough to have a permanent knowledge base that can be read and added to by everyone.
    good idea
    even i would like info on how it all works

Thanks for your reply and support.

I hope The Management will think it a good idea for the longer term, even though there seems to be little interest ATM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View rpmworld's Feedback (+121)
    All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your reply and support.

I hope The Management will think it a good idea for the longer term, even though there seems to be little interest ATM.

agree members are asleep at wheel lately very few showing interest on most topics here zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    lol

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like this too as we might get some info from others that could guide us as to things we can do to make a difference in what Google Shopping uses to decide what they want to do with a listing after they upload them from eBid.

EBid told me they have no control over what Google Shopping does with a listing after they have uploaded it. I have noticed that sometimes I can search Google Shopping for one of my listings how I think it would normally be search for and not been able to find it and maybe a few weeks later after it has auto relisted then I could find it using the same criteria I had originally used to search with.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was under the impression that Google refuse to explain Google Shopping to prevent sellers gaming the system

I have the same impression, from a previous thread on these board when someone said the same. That how GS decides which items are shown is a closely guarded secret to make "gaming" more difficult. But I've also gained the impression that the age of a listing has some influence on what the show.

I agree with Ropegg when they say that they can't find a newly listed item, but a few weeks later (after a re-list) they can find it.

Today I searched, without using any side-bar filters for "Art Deco Glass" and then again for the more specific "Bagley Glass". Taking the Bagley search first re. Ropegg's suggestion. I found (on P.1) my first item shown was a "Wyndham" bowl, first listed on ebid on 23/9/22. Plus 7 of my other Bagley items, all listed before that date. More importantly (perhaps?) with "Ebid - TheElench" included in the side-bar of Sellers on the left.

One reason I think a permanent thread might be helpful is to check if anyone, with a different I.D, not recognisable as myself by GS, can get the same results for my search and then the same results for their listings? Could it be that there is a lead-in time until a new listing qualifies to be shown?

Is getting "Ebid" shown in the Seller side-bar just a matter of getting a cluster of ebid listings shown on P.1 by one or more ebid sellers?

With my "Art Deco Glass" search I found 2 of my ebid listings on P.1 and 1 on P.2 (ebid not shown in the Seller side-bar). The items shown on P.1 were first listed on ebid on 2/10/20 and 25/4/21. My listing on P.2 first listed on 27/6/16, all older listings, none of my most recent listings.

All of the above may well be coincidence, down to GS cookies or mirroring and I doubt that a few amateurs will be able to crack GS's secrecy but somewhere to pool our observations and experiences might reveal one or two of the basics and even that would be helpful.

Discovering how to get "Ebid" shown more often in the Seller side-bar would surely be very helpful to all sellers here. It certainly intrigues me that I can sometimes see myself on the list and sometimes other individual sellers' web-sites when they have fewer listings in the category than ebid, as a selling site, has. To do that we need somewhere to put any clues for future reference, not as has been happening since I've been replying to threads on the subject. In the gaps between one thread and the next, anything of interest that could be built on in the future getting lost as threads drift down the pages.

Well I don't know how to work this blooming Google shopping thing, my standalone website has built in Google shopping and yet I still can only find very few of my products on there....

The majority are made up from pay for rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Well I don't know how to work this blooming Google shopping thing, my standalone website has built in Google shopping and yet I still can only find very few of my products on there....
    I have about 250 listings in the Art Deco Glass category and when I search GS I can always find a few of my listings. Yesterday's search for Art Deco Glass was a bit disappointing to find only 3 of them, usually I can find more scattered through the first 10 pages of results (my usual number of pages searched).

Some questions I ask myself:
    Are they the same listings as the last time you checked GS?
    Are they older listings or recently listed?
    Are they recent re-lists?
    Have you recently edited them, in any way?
    Do you see the same listings from ebid and your website (if they are listed on both)?
    If not, which do you see most of?
    Are the answers to any of the above consistent?

If they are consistent and others can see the same pattern, does that give us a clue about what we should expect to find when we search GS for our listings and possibly ways to get our listings noticed. By trying what others have noticed seems to get their items shown in the GS results.

Following advice given by someone here, on a previous thread, I'm always careful to re-arrange or change the wording in my listing titles if I list an item on obay at the same time as it's listed here. Their advice was that GS doesn't allow duplicate listings and if it finds identical titles would always show the obay ad. and ignore the ebid one. Doing that [I]seemed[I] to increase my sales here. But without someone verifying my experience, it could just be a coincidence.

That thread is now long gone and with it any other tips they gave us but which I didn't take on board at the time. So please, start making note on what you see on GS and what you don't see. Anything might be a clue. GS may try to make its search as unfathomable as possible but unless it is entirely random there must be more "do's and don'ts" to it than the basic qualifiers that they tell us about. Finding a few of them could help us all?

Thread Information