Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Google Shopping.

Default Re: Google Shopping.

I think asking anyone that buys an item/s how they found the item could give us some clues as to what works best but I really think the owners should take a risk and spend on some form of advertising and I certainly wouldn't be to bothered with an 1% fee to help cover the costs

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pinterest's change of direction is, to my mind, a huge loss as a way to get viewers and sales. I'm not quite sure what their aim is, at the moment.
    I still have an account where I can pin to my eBid boards, but that now seems to be a dead end, with only the occasional, still working Image links. I also opened a new account to see how it now works, listing areas of interest and all it results in is being pestered several times each day with links to items that might be of interest, but when selecting that link it's yet another website that wants to install, yet more Cookies! Can't afford to have my tablet overloaded with this links and have now unsubscribed from them all.
    Yet, the other day I read that Gen Z are using P'rest as a buying/saving site - does anyone have any info on this?

Borders, re: Advertising is a bottomless pit - can understand eBid not expanding on that cost with no real guarantee of a return in sales, could maybe help to be mentioned on EcommerceBytes once in a while or an Ad link on there - any thoughts?

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastime View Post
    Pinterest's change of direction is, to my mind, a huge loss as a way to get viewers and sales. I'm not quite sure what their aim is, at the moment.
    I still have an account where I can pin to my eBid boards, but that now seems to be a dead end, with only the occasional, still working Image links. I also opened a new account to see how it now works, listing areas of interest and all it results in is being pestered several times each day with links to items that might be of interest, but when selecting that link it's yet another website that wants to install, yet more Cookies! Can't afford to have my tablet overloaded with this links and have now unsubscribed from them all.
    Yet, the other day I read that Gen Z are using P'rest as a buying/saving site - does anyone have any info on this?

I have a couple of Pinterest accounts.
    One main one I use for selling. I pin my items and I also pin other sellers items.
    I do see views coming in on eBid. I watch the ones I pin and watch the views.
    There are times I will check some of the other sellers on eBid to see that views go up.
    My pinterest link is below

When I am more consistent on pinning items to Pinterest that I can find my items on Google shopping.
    Right now, I noticed that my items have dropped to page 3-6 because I haven't been actively pinning. ( busy with work )

What's sad is that eBid.net has a Pinterest account and nobody is pinning on their boards.
    They have over 13,000 followers.
    Last year or the year before, I asked to be given invitations to pin to their board and they told me I already have it.
    I don't think eBid understand that I have "followed" their Pinterest account, but that doesn't give me access to their boards.
    They have to send invitations to the boards.
    I do the same thing when sellers ask for any of my boards to to pin to.

I think this would be a great attraction for buyers and new sellers to come to eBid.
    I think that at one time they did have sellers pin to their boards, but they were over pinning instead of spreading the pinning over a long time to promote their items.

I am hoping that I will get some time to get a Google Merchant account to see what is going on with my stores and to try to improve the views.

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Police,
    Thank you for that info - am as you mentioned 'following' eBid on P't and can see some of my very old previous pins which will only lead to a dead-end link, but can't remove them, the only option is to 'hide' them which doesn't seem to remove them plus as you mentioned I can't see how to add up-to-date listings, is it worth contacting Support or is that my being thick in not understanding how to do so (If I pinned them to start with I must have been invited)?

Clicked on your P't, but haven't followed yet - would like to change my email link on my P't account, but not sure if it can be done or if I need to open another account.

Re: Google Merchant Account - is this only when you have your own site?

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Hi Police,
    Thank you for that info - am as you mentioned 'following' eBid on P't and can see some of my very old previous pins which will only lead to a dead-end link, but can't remove them, the only option is to 'hide' them which doesn't seem to remove them plus as you mentioned I can't see how to add up-to-date listings, is it worth contacting Support or is that my being thick in not understanding how to do so (If I pinned them to start with I must have been invited)?

Clicked on your P't, but haven't followed yet - would like to change my email link on my P't account, but not sure if it can be done or if I need to open another account.

Re: Google Merchant Account - is this only when you have your own site?
    You had to be invited to post to those boards.
    By the looks that there might be a person or two that can still post, but it's been a year.
    I would love to be invited to all the boards and more than happy to post other eBid seller's items to them.
    ( That's what I do with my SellersMall pinterest account. I first post some of my items from the different stores, then I pin other eBid sellers, followed by fellow sellers on other selling venues. But this is for my Pinterest account )

You should be able to change out your email account on Pinterest with no problems.

Google Merchant Account - yes you have to have your own site, but I think there is something else you can do with google merchant if you have the stores on eBid.

I remember a long time ago that I would take my various selling venues store links to a search engine "submitter".
    And this you can do when you are on various market places. I know I was on Bonanza and eCrater and sent my store links.

I guess this year, I need to get some free time to search Google Merchant Account, and search engine submitters.

( I'm getting too old to learn more things. Old information is starting to fall out of my head. )

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Police,
    Thanks for your help - realised it wasn't P't so much, it was a change of email link on Facebook - any idea about that?

Re: P't - have contacted Support to find out about an Invite, will pass on any info received.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Hi Police,
    Thanks for your help - realised it wasn't P't so much, it was a change of email link on Facebook - any idea about that?

Re: P't - have contacted Support to find out about an Invite, will pass on any info received.

I don't do Facebook, so I wouldn't know about that.

I would love to be invited to the eBid's Pinterest boards to pin.
    I would think if we were allowed to start pinning that this would bring activity to this site.
    More activity to this site, the search engines would start responding to the interest here.

( For some reason, I think there was something about Pinterest that people were over pinning and took away the pinning privilege.
    It's like the sellers were pinning their whole shop in a day or two, instead a couple of items every few days or a week ) I just can't remember exactly about this.

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bit OT,
    but really interesting replies on EcommerceBytes re: Spy reporter blog especially 'Snapped's', Store to Core response, excellent. Remember when eBay used to be so much fun, and you could post all over the World without any problems, but now there seem to be so many complications ie: Many EU recycling packaging register and so on - it's taken all the fun out of selling online.

But, at least eBid doesn't interfere, unlike ebay/etsy and Amazon.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abb...704510943.html

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    I don't do Facebook, so I wouldn't know about that.
    Oh that's a shame, I could pester you on there...

I think it would be great is Ebid themselves could choose a few listings from select sellers and pin some of their listings and more the varied they are the more attention the site will see

Thread Information