eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Google Shopping.

Default Re: Google Shopping.

Thanks again!

So that seems to suggest that clicking to view one or two Ebid ads. at about weekly intervals gets Ebid shown in the side bar along with the larger sites.

After reading your post I checked GS again (a couple hours late) and the plinth had moved up to the 11th place and looking further, two more of my listings were at numbers 42 and 52. (I wonder if that's a clue about how ads. are rotated and how long they are on P.1 for?)

I also ticked the "Ebid - theelench" box again. Today it's showing 11 of my ads. and at the bottom of the page, ads. from 4 other ebid sellers.

Ebid - Assorted Collectables; 1 ad.
    Ebid - Alison Dcb Stores. 1 ad.
    Ebid - Bidorbuy 2 ads.
    Ebid - Beckys Hoard Pottery. 2 ads.

I found your "Lego City Firefighter Set" but not on P.1 or P.2 of the main page. I had to search for "ebid lego sets". I haven't viewed it, I thought it better to wait until you've tried it yourself and, hopefully, found that after a few views "Ebid - MPS16" is shown in the Lego search results pages.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I found your "Lego City Firefighter Set" but not on P.1 or P.2 of the main page. I had to search for "ebid lego sets". I haven't viewed it, I thought it better to wait until you've tried it yourself and, hopefully, found that after a few views "Ebid - MPS16" is shown in the Lego search results pages.
    Strange it is now showing in position one of the Sponsored list at the top of page one.

Name:  position one.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  32.8 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Wow, I probably missed it before as I tend to ignore the "Sponsored" line. I've never seen one of my listings (or even an ebid listing) in that line in my art deco glass search, it's usually large store names like Argos selling "Art Deco Style" new items. How did you get your Lego Set up there? I've always thought of "sponsored" as being "pay extra for visibility" like on obay.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

.....How did you get your Lego Set up there? I've always thought of "sponsored" as being "pay extra for visibility" like on obay.
    1) I have no idear

2) I do believe that eBid does actually pay extra for visibility and that is the reason why they have a certain minimum price threshold for the GS upload offer.
    Last edited by MPS16; 21st March 2023 at 09:23 AM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

After searching for "art deco glass" a few times at about weekly intervals, consistently finding a few of my items on the first three pages of results and viewing one or two, I noticed that "Ebid - theelench" was being shown on the left-hand side bar of site names.

Ticking the box, took me to a page of, mostly, my listings but always with two or three other ebid sellers at the bottom to fill the bottom line.

As no-one replied to my requests to duplicate my search and see if others could see the same, I went to the local library.

The same "art deco glass" search showed 3of my items on P.1, 3 on P.2, 0 on P.3 and 1 on P.4. The side bar still showed "Ebid - theelench" although I had to click the "More" drop-down to see it.
    Ticking the Ebid box, showed all seven of my items and again, one item each for three other ebid sellers.

So, is that all it takes to get Ebid visible on the side-bar of sites? Just finding and viewing one or two of your (or presumably any other Ebid) ads. that you can find, once a week for a few weeks?

If anyone's interested enough to try it and report back what they see, it would be a great help and might be one easy way to increase ebids visibility on GS.
    I have just searched for "art deco glass" on Google Shopping. ebid - theelench appeared at the side and two of your items were on the first page.
    Hope this is helpful.

@MPS16.

I checked Ebid "Help" FAQs and they say that the minimum BIN price "Must be equal to £2.50 or above".

I don't know how GS decides which ads. are sponsored either, another mystery that might be worth looking into, perhaps later.

Right now I'm more interested in trying to get Ebid to show up on the side-bar, either by itself or as "Ebid - (Seller / Store Name), as it's been pointed out before that there's little point having sellers' ads. uploaded if neither the ad. nor the site is visible, hidden by far more ads. from the larger sites and not being shown on the side bar.

@tony41.

Thanks Tony, it adds a bit more evidence that GS isn't only showing this to me as "mirroring" or because of its profiling of my searches. The last time I searched GS was late on the evening of the 19th. You saw "Ebid - theElench", yesterday - the 21st. So it has stayed there for about 48 hours. I can only guess but doesn't that imply that anyone searching for Art Deco Glass on GS also sees "EBID"?

To repeat what I've said before:

I haven't done anything I haven't been doing for several years, no dramatic increase in my listing numbers, or prices.
    For several years I've checked GS at irregular intervals to see how many of my ads. I can find (always a few), but ebid never seen on the side bar.
    All I've done differently over recent months is to view one or two of my items on each visit, at approximately weekly intervals and "Ebid - theelench" has appeared on the side bar. Not just when I visit GS, on my lap top, but also from a Library computer and now other sellers 'devices'.

If this works for me, can anyone see any reason why it won't work for other ebid sellers and give Ebid more visibility in other search results?
    Last edited by theElench; 22nd March 2023 at 09:18 AM.

Out of interest, I've just done a Google Shopping search just using the term 'eBid' - it brought back a selection of postings, when I checked the ones I saw (about eight), they were all listings where the lister didn't run any shops, just direct listings. Wonder if that's a factor...

Forget that - just did another search and it brought up stores too, but it's bringing up lots of items from just a few listers
    Last edited by Mandart; 22nd March 2023 at 09:46 AM.

That's interesting too.

Did "theElench" get a mention? Or any of the other sellers I mentioned above?

Ebid has said that once listings are uploaded they have no control over what GS does with them. Part of the secrecy GS maintains over which listings it shows, when it shows them and for how long?

From what I've seen so far, my current best guess is that "Ebid" + seller can be made to appear on the side bar if enough interest is shown in their ebid listings and GS will then show more ebid listings from different sellers.

I wonder how much extra visibility ebid would get if more sellers started looking at GS regularly, perhaps concentrating on their own listings, but by doing so also gaining exposure for other ebid sellers and the site.

Perhaps instead of just wishing for more widespread exposure of the "Ebid" name to the public it's time sellers tried putting it in front of them. Not only on social media but by actively making use of GS and trying to get ebid to show up where people are going to shop.

It didn't take much effort for me to get the "Ebid" name in front of anyone looking for vintage glassware on GS. I'm sure that if others start adding their insights, observations and even guesswork, that could be bettered.

As I've replied to some sellers on obay, "wishing for someone to set-up an alternative site, ready for them to use, won't happen (all they'll get is Esty or Amizon). If you want something different you've got to do some work yourself, to get it."

So I'd like to make another request to the Management that this thread is pinned, so that any useful info. isn't lost as the thread disappears like all the others before it and can be added to later. Rather than having to start again, the next time GS comes up for discussion.
    Last edited by theElench; 23rd March 2023 at 09:38 AM.

That's interesting too.

Did "theElench" get a mention? Or any of the other sellers I mentioned above?
    No, they were all listers I'd never heard of or seen around the forums.

Google uses memory though so now you will all see Ebiders items. To get a better idea on how your items are doing on visibility you have to use only certain words a typical buyer would use but google now knows you look for ebid items

Thread Information