eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Account subscription confusion (silver/gold/platinum)

Forum Newbie
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View aliendragon's Feedback (+4)
    All-About aliendragon
    View aliendragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Account subscription confusion (silver/gold/platinum)

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Didn't they mention the listing restrictions at all? I've been increasing my listing numbers for a few years now, as a Silver Seller using Platinum Listings. At first by 2 listings each week and more recently by 1 a week as I'm running low on things to list. I would like to know where these restrictions leave me as this has been a continuous process and if the restrictions are not new surely I should have had some sort of warning that I had exceeded the Silver Selling Plan limit. If they're new restrictions, what happens about the, roughly, 300 listing excess?
    Unfortunately, they didn't. I mentioned the listing restrictions in my original message, but they only brought up the free photo limit specifically in their response, otherwise saying that 'Silver' still had all the same permissions 'Seller' had.

Which they evidently do not if the listing restrictions on the tables are correct.

I sometimes wonder what is going-on with this site?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

It's starting to remind me of eBay - Making changes that have no good effect at all when other changes would produce good results.
    I have had 2 sales on my second account this month and both turned into non-payers! It may be due to lack of paying options and it's just making me concentrate less on the site and more on the big boys who I want to get away from!!! but how can I when the smaller sites lack any get up and go

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I get the sales I need here, thanks to Ebid's low costs. I opted for platinum a long time ago and it was a good investment, 26000 positive feedback later.
    Of course there are niggles, such as the uncontrolled proliferation of categories which make it harder for my buyers to find what they need. Anyone can suggest new categories and they grow kike Topsy, and in my field, stamps, have little consistency.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11878)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just another name for the same ol' game in my opinion... I can't see that there are any restrictions on the number of listings I can make... sales still trickle along don't they? Still better than eBay poo... otherwise we wouldn't be here!

Has anyone seen anything that clarifies what has changed?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Forum Newbie
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View aliendragon's Feedback (+4)
    All-About aliendragon
    View aliendragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like an actual formal announcement, you mean? Can't say I have, aside from that post detailing the name changes in the 'Site Updates' thread. Finding information on any kind of change or update seems to be something of a hunt.

I'm 100% certain that I read some sort of announcement that said there would be an email to clarify the details. Can't remember when or where I read that, but I've not seen any email.

@20sent06.

I'm a Silver seller under the new conventions. Looking at the FAQs on under "Help" on the Home page > "Compare Account Plans" where it says "max. number of listings" - 5.
    I have about 300 live listings and continue to add one more every week (so far without any problem).

Does this mean if I try to add six new items on the same day, I will be restricted to 5? Is it that new sellers are restricted to 5 listings in total?

More importantly for me as I use Platinum Listings, giving me access to the features free to Platinum Sellers, am I exempt?

I started a thread ("New Account Conventions") in the Any Praise... Forum on the 29th August in response to what I read. Whatever and wherever I read it, that is where I read that an email would follow.
    Last edited by theElench; 16th November 2022 at 08:36 AM.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

We always tend to assume that organizations are competent, so, if they say no more than 5 listings a day, they actually have the ability to notice if someone has listed 6. It is possible to have such a test in the listings. In reality, organizations tend to do just enough to survive which means many corners are often cut.
    If someone complained that they had listed 6 items when they should only list 5, then of course, something would be put in place. Eventually.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

You're probably right about that!

I think someone has revised the "?" on "Do you have a list of different auction fees" in the "Help" FAQs to include a full list of extra permissions if a Silver Seller uses a Platinum Listing. I had the distinct impression that use of the Integrated Checkout was no longer included with the upgrade, that's a major consideration for me in deciding to use Platinum listings.

I still have no clear idea what the restriction to 5 listings for Silver Sellers means though. I can't find any clarification if this means in total, or a day / week / month ?

I still think the new conventions help to establish a clearer link between Platinum Listings and Platinum Sellers. Something that IMO is a good thing and more likely to be used by sellers with a limited number of items to sell, than either the Gold or Platinum Selling Plans. Especially if they are slower selling collectables, like mine.

The silence from HQ presumably means that there will be no further clarification. Perhaps, as you say, until queries / complaints about one point or another begin to mount up but not until then.

Thread Information