eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browse x,xxx,xxx Listings On Ebid Box on the Home Page Question.

Default Browse x,xxx,xxx Listings On Ebid Box on the Home Page Question.

Does anyone know what it is supposed to be showing?

While nosing about a while back I noticed that the category I mostly list in, Pottery Porcelain & Glass, had very few sub-categories for glass. I requested that some be added, particularly the Date Lined Glass (1910 - 1939) Art Deco that I've spent years adding listings to as it appears that there are no such items for sale on ebid.

I check back from time to time to see if there has been any action taken.

Today, some of the figures by the three second level categories which is all there are to see and which are all inaccurate, are showing negative figures!!!!

My 250ish listings are lumped in "Glassware" which is showing browsers that according to the site there are today -76 listings.

????????????????????????????????????
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Browse x,xxx,xxx Listings On Ebid Box on the Home Page Question.

This is VERY odd! There are a negative number of architectural antiques too!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Does anyone know what it is supposed to be showing?

While nosing about a while back I noticed that the category I mostly list in, Pottery Porcelain & Glass, had very few sub-categories for glass. I requested that some be added, particularly the Date Lined Glass (1910 - 1939) Art Deco that I've spent years adding listings to as it appears that there are no such items for sale on ebid.

I check back from time to time to see if there has been any action taken.

Today, some of the figures by the three second level categories which is all there are to see and which are all inaccurate, are showing negative figures!!!!

My 250ish listings are lumped in "Glassware" which is showing browsers that according to the site there are today -76 listings.

????????????????????????????????????
    Even more odd. If you click on "Glassware" you see details of 1109 listings. However, If you look at the list of sub-categories on the left of this screen, some of these have negative quatities indicated.

None of the numbers add-up as far as I can see.

Today the list shows Porcelain, Pottery & Glass having 1306 items.

Click on "Glass" and that alone has 1393 items.
    Art Glass 188.
    Glassware 1108.
    Other 97. Total = 1393

But the figures for each given in brackets beside the headings are:
    Art Glass (93)
    Glassware (-93)
    Other (-21)

I must say that, to me at least, if the numbers aren't accurate or even nonsense, the more important issue is that whereas Porcelain and Pottery both show a selection of sub-categories with a number of items. Glass has been left at the second category level with none of the most populated 3rd level sub-categories shown.

The three I look at most are Date Lined Glass with (319) items shown on the list but 322 items on the results pages.
    Similarly Pressed Glass. (28) on list but 71 items on results
    and Depression Glass (7) on list but 31 items on results pages.

What impression does this give anyone browsing the site for vintage glass? and will they be even bother looking beyond the Browse Items List??
    Last edited by theElench; 28th December 2022 at 09:06 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

A glitch?
    Has the problem been reported to Support?

Not yet, I thought I'd ask here first rather than raise a false alarm.

Will report to the Glitches Forum and see what, if anything, happens. My previous request to the categories section, that some sub-cats be added to "Glass" in Porcelain Pottery & Glass Category resulted in

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've added a screenshot - as it is New Year any moment now, give them a week and then email the link to support?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thanks Madelaine. I'll get unto support as you suggest, next week.

Reported to Support as there's still minus numbers showing and asked for more sub-cats under glass.

Well at least the minus numbers have gone. But no sign of any more sub-cats. for glass. No replies on the "Glitches" or "Suggestions" forums either. I suppose that's a "No" then.

Thread Information