eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make paypal integration as it should be for all levels

Default Re: Make paypal integration as it should be for all levels

@Policequilts.

I started selling on obay in 2012 and at the time (in the UK) listing fees were on a sliding scale according to the Start Price (lots more auctions back then) or the BIN price +10% FVF. Even today with no listing fees and 10% FVF that makes ebids' 5p + 5% for Platinum Listings a bargain to me.

@Borders Bargains.

I agree the Free Plan doesn't make much sense these days and IMO should go.

Replacing it with the Silver Plan, with something akin to Platinum Listings as the basic selling level, with the existing 5p Listing Fee + 5% FVF for Integrated Checkout and photos (they already have up to 15).
    That gives the Gold Plan some reduction in FVF in return for the recurring fee and
    a further reduction, for the Platinum Plan.

But I can see some sellers who have paid £140, might object to having something they paid for, taken away. (Having sold it as a package, is it even possible to change what was sold?)
    (Unless it was changed in the recent account changes, there is a way of up-grading to Platinum at half-price at any time. By upgrading from Silver to the Gold Plan for 1 month, re-opened the half-price offer?).
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Newbie
    All-About Rt21
    View Rt21's Listings
    Forum Posts

I pretty much gave up. I will wait a few more years and see what happens. I have 4 outside platforms plus my own domain that cost me literally a few dollars a month, 3 of the 4 platforms are free, with one charging 9% or so they say.

I am old and getting close to retirement anyway. I have no plans to spend a huge amount of money at this stage to build another store and then retire with all the time and money wasted.

Thanks for all you guys input, I didn't want to miss something and find out I was wrong later. I simply do not see sending invoices after the fact as profitable, it never was with ebay and their traffic wipes this site out pretty much, not really a contender yet. Ebay has millions of items and millions of sellers. If you want to pay the price and put up with their greed then it is the best still.

Which kind of surprises me, I thought for sure someone would create a site that would just kill ebay the way everyone was leaving in droves. But then they went to other sites who started the enforcing the free shipping crap, the high fee crap, ramming returns down sellers throats, refunding on the day the item is delivered even when the tracking shows out for delivery. I guess they took it literally when seller wanted site "like ebay", copied it to a tee including the stupid rules and frivolous charges.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Rt21

I know it is frustrating.
    I was really hoping that in the past 3 years, eBid would of done a massive update and then sit back and let us run our shops.

Have you check Webstore.com marketplace.
    Their site does have advertisements, and it seems that it is picking up there.
    I also notice that there are some changes and they have levels for selling. (Not bad either)

Good luck, where ever you go.

Thread Information