eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: receiving payment

View mark4740's Feedback (+3719)
    All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default receiving payment

when an item is paid for via paypal does it automatically mark as payment received or do you have to mark it manually as payment received in the ASL?
    Thank you for any advice just finding it a little frustrating trying to get my head around it as as a new seller.
    Same with send the buyer a message, it only gives the option to ask the buyer a question?
    Sorry if i have posted in the wrong place.

Default Re: receiving payment

Quote Originally Posted by mark4740 View Post
    when an item is paid for via paypal does it automatically mark as payment received or do you have to mark it manually as payment received in the ASL?
    Thank you for any advice just finding it a little frustrating trying to get my head around it as as a new seller.
    Same with send the buyer a message, it only gives the option to ask the buyer a question?
    Sorry if i have posted in the wrong place.
    Welcome and good luck with sales.

It is automatically marked if paid, however the one snag i've found with the "Mark as Paid" option is that the buyer can also do this even if they have not paid (only had some cheeky person do that about twice since i've been on here).
    "Ask a Question" option is just a wording, and is the exact same as sending a message.

Hope this helps.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sold something yesterday, sent invoice and they paid using paypal but it still shows (P) in red, I have checked payment went through so not sure, i will just have to mark it as paid.
    Thank you for your reply.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11857)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always check if it has been paid despite what it shows on eBid ... contact support if it doesn't record propoerly in the ASL

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always check with my PayPal account if payment has been made or not as I believe the buyer can tick the payment made option.

So do I, by logging into my paypal account.

On another site sellers regularly report being scammed, getting a very convincing "Payment Received" email which doesn't really come from PP.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark4740 View Post
    I sold something yesterday, sent invoice and they paid using paypal but it still shows (P) in red, I have checked payment went through so not sure, i will just have to mark it as paid.
    Thank you for your reply.
    As you are a silver member, I assume that your Paypal payments are not integrated and therefore they will not be automatically marked as paid in the After Sales Log

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

HI Mark,

Looks like you have a SILVER eBid account but have used the Platinum listing option which does include integrated PayPal checkout. We don't have any record of the callback from PayPal to eBid of this payment which is strange.

Have you hardcoded any URLs to your IPN settings in PayPal? See https://www.paidmembershipspro.com/s...n-urls-paypal/ for more info.. If you have this setup to send callbacks to a specific URL then they won't be sent to eBid.. Maybe you have another shopping cart set up elsewhere? They should be empty for eBid to be able to use our own callback URL.

Can you set us up a test listing to look at if not and we can delve deeper.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

Its happened again,I have to mark as payment received, Set up a test listing? just buy something and i will relist it, i don't mind standing to the fees,I have not done anything with paypal or have a shopping cart elsewhere, i sold an item on here a few years back and don't remember having to do it then.
    Anyway at least i have sold something else so i'm not moaning lol

Forum Newbie
    View Ave's Feedback (+1907)
    All-About Ave
    View Ave's Listings
    Forum Posts

Caution with ASL showing payment made. Always confirm with Paypal website! I have had several sales over passed few years where I nearly shipped item assuming it was paid but found no payment transactions on the Paypal site. When going backto ASL and contacting buyer and saying I will ship as soon as I get confirmation from Paypal of payment being made that I would ship and instead would be ignored by buyer and they would merely request shipment.
    Dont fall for this! If you do, you are basically giving item away for free as once you ship you have no way of getting paid.
    Also be very careful to fully describe your item in auction as well as shipping requirements and your return policy as to whether or not you accept returns and under what conditions. Although this still is no guaranty that you wont be scammed out of your item, its proof that you did what you were required to do.
    I did have one sale where buyer paid but then misused the Paypal Protection Policy against their own rules, and their A.I. system auto refunded buyer and Paypal promised to fix it but never did, so I am out $180 on one sale made recently.

Thread Information