Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: receiving payment

View mark4740's Feedback (+3719)
    All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: receiving payment

Hi
    Just sold another item and yet again i have had to log into paypal and check that the payment has been received and then back to ebid to manually mark as payment received, is there any workaround for this? i am quite happy to only sell the odd item on here as having to manually fill in the details on my click and drop and check payment has been received is quite time consuming to be fair,i know integrating with click & drop is not financially viable for you but this little glitch with the payment not marking itself is a pain, while i am here could you please sort my google shopping out, its greyed out on the default settings page and its greyed out on NO, its your website and i can't sort this out only you can so any help will be gratefully received, Thank you

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark4740 View Post
    Hi
    Just sold another item and yet again i have had to log into paypal and check that the payment has been received and then back to ebid to manually mark as payment received, is there any workaround for this? i am quite happy to only sell the odd item on here as having to manually fill in the details on my click and drop and check payment has been received is quite time consuming to be fair,i know integrating with click & drop is not financially viable for you but this little glitch with the payment not marking itself is a pain, while i am here could you please sort my google shopping out, its greyed out on the default settings page and its greyed out on NO, its your website and i can't sort this out only you can so any help will be gratefully received, Thank you
    To be certain that eBid admin has seen your problems, I suggest you contact support@ebid.net.
    I am not sure how regularly admin check the forums.

All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi
    I have already contacted them in the past about both issues, They get back to me but still neither gets resolved, just having a little rant really as i know nothing will get resolved.
    Thank you for your reply though.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark4740 View Post
    I sold something yesterday, sent invoice and they paid using paypal but it still shows (P) in red, I have checked payment went through so not sure, i will just have to mark it as paid.
    Thank you for your reply.
    There is a slight delay in Ebid catching up with Paypal, but it is not long.
    More often a Paypal delay after payment is made because they are checking up on something, such as if someone sold a map of Cuba made in UK, it would trigger the "Cuba" alert that goods made in Cuba cannot be paid for on Paypal, and a human has to approve.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

Turns out i would have to upgrade to gold or platinum to get integrated paypal, how many years and items at a couple of quid would i have to be selling to justify paying for the upgrade,Does anyone honestly feel paying to be a platinum member was worth it?

I've said before that IMO ebid is missing out on a lot of sellers who don't have the type or number of items that make the Gold or Platinum Plans viable. By all means keep offering them but, as I've also said, more attention should be drawn to Platinum Listings (5p per listing + 5% FVF), ideal for trying out the site before committing to the up-front payment plans, or people with a limited number of items to sell.

I'm a Silver Seller and always use them, it's still less than half the price I pay on obay when I sell something and it gives me 20 (?) photos, Integrated Paypal Checkout + other features I can't remember right now. Check the Help pages, probably under Selling Plans or What does it cost to sell on ebid? -- Fees and Charges.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information