eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One of my listings keeps disappearing

View hucker's Feedback (+16)
    All-About hucker
    View hucker's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default One of my listings keeps disappearing

I put up a single listing, and it wasn't there the next day. I then imported all 17 listings from Ebay, and one of them disappeared after a few hours (the same one). But I've received no notification why.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: One of my listings keeps disappearing

Make sure you don't have duplicate Titles, otherwise, contact support and ask them why.

Quote Originally Posted by hucker View Post
    I put up a single listing, and it wasn't there the next day. I then imported all 17 listings from Ebay, and one of them disappeared after a few hours (the same one). But I've received no notification why.

All-About hucker
    View hucker's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I've already said, the first time it was my only listing, so how can I possibly have a duplicate? I was going to contact support directly, but they seem to require I post here first. Any more ideas or am I allowed to contact them now? It said "if I don't receive replies".

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I've already said, the first time it was my only listing, so how can I possibly have a duplicate? I was going to contact support directly, but they seem to require I post here first. Any more ideas or am I allowed to contact them now? It said "if I don't receive replies".
    Contact support again, tell them what the item was and ask why it was deleted and still deleted. It's what their there for!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All-About hucker
    View hucker's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was going to, then it said I must post in the forum first.
    It was the only item and it was vanishing, so I thought something was badly broken.
    But now I've added loads of others and only that one goes, I don't really care. It can sell on Ebay instead.
    It was a onesie. Ebay has some silly rule about those (which it's not enforcing), maybe Ebid does too. But I would expect a notification of why it was removed.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you checked that the item is not an item banned on eBid.

Gerber Owns All Rights To The Term "Onesie". You can't list them here or anywhere else.

Try "All-in-One" or similar.

All-About hucker
    View hucker's Listings
    Forum Posts

Surely if it was a non-allowed item, I'd get an angry email about it? It's been removed twice now and I've heard nothing.

I guess it might be that nonsense over on Ebay - you can't call it a onesie unless it's made by Gerber. Some copyright excrement. Everyone calls them that, it's like calling an Electrolux vacuum cleaner a hoover, everyone does it. I bet I could list my Electrolux as a hoover. Hoover is the word people might search for when they want a vacuum cleaner. Gerber needs to get over it. Well I guess I just don't list it here, I'm not going to obey pathetic rules. Ebid's loss.

Although from what I've seen so far, nothing ever sells on here. I copied everything to here, took 5% off as advised, yet Ebay's selling stuff and Ebid isn't. Do we actually have any buyers?
    Last edited by hucker; 4th April 2023 at 10:31 AM.

Surely if it was a non-allowed item, I'd get an angry email about it? It's been removed twice now and I've heard nothing.

I guess it might be that nonsense over on Ebay - you can't call it a onesie unless it's made by Gerber. Some copyright excrement. Everyone calls them that, it's like calling an Electrolux vacuum cleaner a hoover, everyone does it. I bet I could list my Electrolux as a hoover. Hoover is the word people might search for when they want a vacuum cleaner. Gerber needs to get over it. Well I guess I just don't list it here, I'm not going to obey pathetic rules. Ebid's loss.

Although from what I've seen so far, nothing ever sells on here. I copied everything to here, took 5% off as advised, yet Ebay's selling stuff and Ebid isn't. Do we actually have any buyers?
    Don't shoot the messenger Only trying to help.

All-About hucker
    View hucker's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not annoyed with you, sorry if that's what you thought. Although I did assume you agreed with the rule.

So why is it so difficult to sell anything here? I've just added brand names to everything (so they get on Google Shopping), since they didn't copy across from Ebay (they need to fix their copying machine, perhaps I'll find a suggestions link somewhere).

Thread Information