eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy on eBid, but yet again - sold elsewhere!!

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buy on eBid, but yet again - sold elsewhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by dm6619david View Post
    As for Gumtree I have over a 100 getting card listed for month's and month's. I didn't get any answers at all. Gumtree is a total waste of time.
    Agree - the weirdest thing is getting 'is this available?' question and when you say 'yes', they don't respond, what is that about?? Was selling Le Creuset pouring saucepan, little used and in excellent condition (moving house I had a glass top cooker, so not suitable). Constantly received that query, but not one person followed up, sold elsewhere for a higher asking price plus postage costs!
    I have only used it when I have items I'd rather not put in the post - but none of them have sold - and didn't realise, until recently, that if you relist the item it is not put at the front of the queue, it just stays at the end!! Seems to be a waste of space.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i never list the same item on two sites i have started to list here and fleabay but no duplicated listings only listing there so i can pop note in package to advertise my items here

I do the same but my sales over there are now so few and far between that it doesn't help bring buyers here like it used to. It's for that reason I started paying more attention to GS and how it (might) work, as it became clear that my sales here were less and less related to sales on obay.

There is one thing even more disappointing than buying something here, only to be told that it has been sold elsewhere and is no longer available. That's when a buyer comes here having received a note in their parcel and messages to say they would like to buy several of my ebid listings. But would I please move them over to obay, to save them the hassle of opening an account on ebid

I thought it would create a bad 'experience' for the buyer and put them off using ebid forever if I either ignored them or replied to say "No". So I agreed but warned them that as obay charged me at least double in fees to sell anything there, I'd have to add about 10% to the price to cover the extra fees. Never heard from them again
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information