eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy on eBid, but yet again - sold elsewhere!!

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buy on eBid, but yet again - sold elsewhere!!

Somewhat peed - just bought something on eBid and quickly received a refund - sold elsewhere.
    Why is it beyond sellers to keep their listing up-to-date - it helps to make the site as to seem a not reliable market? am furious, it let us all down.
    Want to leave a stinker of a feedback remark, but again, that doesn't help eBid, or us, in the future - any suggestions?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buy on eBid, but yet again - sold elsewhere!!

That's SO bad... for you and for us all!

I'd leave the stinking remark!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

It's possible the seller is deleting listings that sold on other sites only once or twice a day or they forgot or even just missed it

I delete the listings as fast as possible and the seller should be on the ball with that but in my experience the chances of something selling here in comparison to other sites is very low so maybe they do it once a day

Leaving a bad or good feedback won't effect the site in any way, its becoming stagnant

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    It's possible the seller is deleting listings that sold on other sites only once or twice a day or they forgot or even just missed it

I delete the listings as fast as possible and the seller should be on the ball with that but in my experience the chances of something selling here in comparison to other sites is very low so maybe they do it once a day

Leaving a bad or good feedback won't effect the site in any way, its becoming stagnant
    Thanks for your replies - have only just started listing again after a long break, and the last sale came after the buyer had contacted me to ask if the item she wanted to buy was available. Replied that all my listing were available - got a reply from buyer that last time she tried to buy a similar item that had been sold without removing the product.
    You have to wonder how many potential buyers, having been disappointed, in the past, no longer even bother to click on an eBid listing appearing in Google?

When I've tried listing on Gumtree (for a local pick-up) The only messages seem to be 'is this still available?' Reply 'yes' and they never get back to you - I find it baffling - not sure if they think that if it is still available then it can't be any good.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't sell on any other site so the problem of items selling on one site but not being removed on any others site is not a problem that I have.
    However, I have on very rare occasions had the situation that I have sold an item which somehow reappears and is resold meaning that I have to contact the second buyer to say that I no longer have the item.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had the situation Tony describes but not for a while. However, with 4000 postcards listed, now and then I just can't find the sold item and I have to grovel. BUT, I never list an item on two sites at the same time. It's asking for trouble!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I sell here and on obay, send all parcels by RM, who give me a handy PoP slip at the post office. I always list an item here first and mostly weeks / months later on obay. I never have the same item listed as an auction on both sites at the same time, to avoid two bids on the same item on each site.

So it's not difficult for me to keep track, a bid on obay and I end the listing here. A sale on obay, end the listing here. I keep the PoPs in two clips, Ebid and obay each with the item details, site name, "photos" (to be deleted a month after the sale) "FB" (I leave FB on here when I dispatch, but only ever on obay if the buyer leaves for me). On obay sales I have "ebid" to remind me to delete the "ended" item on ebid after one month to allow time for returns. Tick each one as I do them and never had a problem selling the same item twice.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Madelaine,
    Yes, it is quite understandable that when listing hundreds of items this could easily happen. I always keep listing separately if listing elsewhere (also, I thought that Google would not show the same photo twice, so that only one listing would show?).
    I've now been sent an invoice from the refunding seller - any thoughts as to why that has been done?

Perhaps something to do with getting their FVF refunded?

I seem to remember that last time I had to request a refund I also had to send a payment reminder and leave FB?

If I'm correct about that, I think they've got a cheek to request a refund as it's their error that allowed the item to sell.

I'd also watch your FB for a possible negative or neutral to be left. Or perhaps use a reply to leave them the "Stinker" they probably deserve?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Angry Re: Buy on eBid, but yet again - sold elsewhere!!

A few years ago I bought a shower on the other site. I went to pay for it. The shower was is cancelled out and realised at a higher price. I had items cancelled out before, but not relisted that was is very cheeky 😝
    As for Gumtree I have over a 100 getting card listed for month's and month's. I didn't get any answers at all. Gumtree is a total waste of time.

Thread Information