eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very precise search leading to listings not being seen?

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Very precise search leading to listings not being seen?

Doh! I was sure that the title included 'watch fob' - and it did, on the original listing. It was the last two words of the title. I hadn't noticed that it had been chopped off when transferring the listing - a perfect example not seeing something because you are sure it's there. Feel a bit of an idiot (nothing new there!).

Thank you both for seeing it clearly, when I wasn't doing so - will now correct, bearing in mind both of your comments.
    Having said that, obviously, 'watch fob' is mentioned in the first line of the description, so assume that the description details are not picked-up?

Many thanks for solving a puzzle for me, will check out my other transfers, in case I've made a similar mistake without realising it.
    All the best,
    Marie.

Don't feel too bad, it's so easily done. How do you think I could say for certain that without "glass" in the title my listing wouldn't appear in Date Lined Glass??

Shuffling the words around to get the key words right and somehow it got dropped. The item appeared in several searches except the one I really wanted it in. Kept seeing the title but it took a while to notice what "should be there" wasn't.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Don't feel too bad, it's so easily done. How do you think I could say for certain that without "glass" in the title my listing wouldn't appear in Date Lined Glass??

Shuffling the words around to get the key words right and somehow it got dropped. The item appeared in several searches except the one I really wanted it in. Kept seeing the title but it took a while to notice what "should be there" wasn't.
    Thanks for that, Elench - amazing how sometimes, you just don't see it, even after going round in circles!

Am now pinning listings to Pinterest - not sure if it helps, it is sometimes a dead end when researching items. Have you any idea if it does direct buyers to eBid?

I'm not sure about any of the other sites (I've never tried them) for connecting with prospective buyers, has anyone found any sites that do help? We could do with all the exposure we can get, to draw searches on to eBid.

Apart from google shopping I don't use any other sites to try to gain visibility, so can't help with experience of using Pinterest. My thread "Google Shopping" on the Website Suggestions board might have one or two tips you might find helpful. If you find they help, or if you find they don't, please add your observations to the thread.

I thought, just by viewing some of my items on GS, I had raised mine and ebids profile by getting "ebid - theElench" to appear on the left-hand side bar of sites. Seems there is more to it than that as while looking at other members items on GS I've found two more on the side-bar. Both with "Ebid - with Becky's Hoard and GoldenWonders following. I wonder why some searches show ebid and others don't. Any insight would be helpful and if more members can do the same it would get the ebid name some extra visibility.

Most of my sales are to buyers making their first purchase on the site and I always leave them Feedback as a way of counting my sales here. I think the majority of my buyers must come through GS as I don't do any social media promotion and as my sales on obay are now almost non-existent they can't be drawn here by leaflets I put in obay sales parcels.

Apart from checking that their listings can be found on GS I think, judging by how rarely it's mentioned, that it is overlooked by many members as possibly being a valuable resource that does bring buyers to ebid and anything that enables sellers to understand and use it better, could benefit all sellers here.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Apart from Google shopping, the only promotions that I am sure have resulted in sales are facebook group postings
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Apart from Google shopping, the only promotions that I am sure have resulted in sales are facebook group postings
    Hi Madelaine,
    How does it work - and where are you getting your 'groups' from?
    There did use to be a eBidder Support advising how to use social media, is that info still available?

Hi Elench,
    Will be reading through your GS Thread, to see if I can pick-up some tips.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Various groups - all open so visible to everyone - mostly with rules about posting only once per day.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/greatstuffonebid

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eBidworldwide

https://www.facebook.com/groups/337594581302600

There is a special one for postcards

https://www.facebook.com/groups/260123774178587

That is not the lot but a representative selection
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Various groups - all open so visible to everyone - mostly with rules about posting only once per day.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/greatstuffonebid

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eBidworldwide

https://www.facebook.com/groups/337594581302600

There is a special one for postcards

https://www.facebook.com/groups/260123774178587

That is not the lot but a representative selection
    Thanks, Madelaine - will check that out.
    Marie.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastime View Post
    Thanks, Madelaine - will check that out.
    Marie.
    I am a member of some of those groups, but it is too much bother to add things when Ebid is ticking along OK, and I am a bit overwhelmed by the number of messages and alerts to look at Facebook.
    I am told that buying adverts on social media and smartphone apps can be profitable, but never tried it. Probably because I dislike pop-up adverts so much.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    I am a member of some of those groups, but it is too much bother to add things when Ebid is ticking along OK, and I am a bit overwhelmed by the number of messages and alerts to look at Facebook.
    I am told that buying adverts on social media and smartphone apps can be profitable, but never tried it. Probably because I dislike pop-up adverts so much.
    Thanks for that, Bill - I had a look (and could see you and Madelaine as members) but I do hate the way F'b follows you around, slowing down anything that you click on whilst monitoring everything you do (Google's bad enough!) but, of course, they all monetise our movements and it's difficult to avoid.

Thread Information