Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: how are sales now as really dont list much anywhere

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default how are sales now as really dont list much anywhere

i got loads of cards and other bits to sell i tried ninja lister but gave up , am going to have to load using phone as dropped my camera and my old hands are not so nimble now lol

Default Re: how are sales now as really dont list much anywhere

Sales? on eBid? What are they? I have plenty of listings but nothing moves on here, I leave them up just in case someone pops by and spots them, meanwhile I concentrate on my stand alone websites - and that's pretty hard going at the moment. Seems to be an online problem at the moment, lots of other sellers I know are teetering on the edge.

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Sales? on eBid? What are they? I have plenty of listings but nothing moves on here, I leave them up just in case someone pops by and spots them, meanwhile I concentrate on my stand alone websites - and that's pretty hard going at the moment. Seems to be an online problem at the moment, lots of other sellers I know are teetering on the edge.
    i used to do ok but then i sold anything and everything now due to health i just collect and sell on my duplicates in cards

Sales are basically non existent and I merged both accounts a few months back to reduce my time wastage. I am basically using this site as a placeholder now which I suppose is useful.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    Sales are basically non existent and I merged both accounts a few months back to reduce my time wastage. I am basically using this site as a placeholder now which I suppose is useful.
    I am still listing, but old age catches up and new listings have slowed down.
    Sales are less than last year, 189 sales in June is the lowest for some time, but doing better already in July.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i been doing a few sales on fb and fleabay but nothing like i used to and things are slow on there too , i suppose i start doing a few listings over the weekend , im in no rush to sell apart from space needed lol and mostly cards , ciggy cards and stuff nothing big priced but if someone can make use then its a bonus for all

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's a shame that eBid do not allow digital downloads and I understand their apprehension
    to allow such items due to copyright material.
    I create digital item sets to print and cut out using commercial use artwork and my own designs
    (envelopes, bookmarks, notepads, address labels, paper pads etc) which I sell on Etsy and on Facebook.
    eBid are missing out on revenue in this category.

Welcome back, I remember your hand-waving sig. from when I first started listing here. My sales continue to jog along nicely and for the last few years have been regular and reliable. Passed 100 in total just before last Christmas, that gives an average per year of 10 sales but the first few years I sold zero or only one or two items with a slow increase each year. This year so far 15 sales and I confidently expect to do better than last years 17 by years end.
    Sales on obay this year a dismal 6.

Good luck.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
    It's a shame that eBid do not allow digital downloads and I understand their apprehension
    to allow such items due to copyright material.
    I create digital item sets to print and cut out using commercial use artwork and my own designs
    (envelopes, bookmarks, notepads, address labels, paper pads etc) which I sell on Etsy and on Facebook.
    eBid are missing out on revenue in this category.
    There is a case for asking Ebid to review this policy. Another online seller beginning with eb allows digital downloads, as does Etsy.
    It can be done if the right precautions are followed as in the following policy I found on the internet.

Electronically delivered items that are not allowed, include:

• Software keys the seller is not authorised to sell
    • Digital copies or codes of movies that were included as part of purchasing a physical movie item. The seller needs to include the physical disc with the sale of the digital copy or code

Electronically delivered items need to be listed in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format. If the classified format isn't available on the seller's eBay site, electronically delivered items are not allowed.
    Exceptions to this policy include electronically delivered:

• Tickets
    • Domain names
    • Digital trading cards
    • Online gaming virtual items
    • NFTs (Non-fungible tokens) may be sold only when they follow the below requirements:
      • Sellers must meet the selling requirements
      • NFTs cannot contain content that is adult-only in nature, infringes on intellectual property, or doesn't follow eBay policies
      • The listing price cannot exceed £10,000 and may not use Auction format or Best Offer
      • They may be listed only on the site where the seller is located
      • They must be listed in the correct NFT category and may not be listed in multiple categories
      • They may not be sold in combination with a physical item, and the returns policy must be No Returns Accepted
      • NFT minting services are not allowed

Activity is required to:

• Follow all applicable laws
    • Respect the rights of third parties
    • Follow the eBay User Agreement
    • Follow this policy

If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, we may take action consistent with applicable laws and the user agreement and may even be legally required to do so.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    There is a case for asking Ebid to review this policy. Another online seller beginning with eb allows digital downloads, as does Etsy.
    It can be done if the right precautions are followed as in the following policy I found on the internet.

Electronically delivered items that are not allowed, include:

• Software keys the seller is not authorised to sell
    • Digital copies or codes of movies that were included as part of purchasing a physical movie item. The seller needs to include the physical disc with the sale of the digital copy or code

Electronically delivered items need to be listed in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format. If the classified format isn't available on the seller's eBay site, electronically delivered items are not allowed.
    Exceptions to this policy include electronically delivered:

• Tickets
    • Domain names
    • Digital trading cards
    • Online gaming virtual items
    • NFTs (Non-fungible tokens) may be sold only when they follow the below requirements:
      • Sellers must meet the selling requirements
      • NFTs cannot contain content that is adult-only in nature, infringes on intellectual property, or doesn't follow eBay policies
      • The listing price cannot exceed £10,000 and may not use Auction format or Best Offer
      • They may be listed only on the site where the seller is located
      • They must be listed in the correct NFT category and may not be listed in multiple categories
      • They may not be sold in combination with a physical item, and the returns policy must be No Returns Accepted
      • NFT minting services are not allowed

Activity is required to:

• Follow all applicable laws
    • Respect the rights of third parties
    • Follow the eBay User Agreement
    • Follow this policy

If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, we may take action consistent with applicable laws and the user agreement and may even be legally required to do so.
    Etsy and FB are about the only places, so far for me, that I know of, where I can sell my digital downloads freely with no hassle. I have seen the Eb** information about digital items but not sure I want to go that route (I have a loathing for them). But, are you saying that there is a workaround with eBid? I have discussed it with them a couple of times in the past and they seem quite adamant not to accept digital downloads.

Thread Information