eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rant for the month docs and pharmacies

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: rant for the month docs and pharmacies

Yes its horrible, not helped at time when the chemists dont get prescription forms through from the Drs, Last time I collected Somers they had just hqad 200 scripts through & then they all needed to be found & sorted & of course some would have to be ordered..

Glad to hear you are okay now Merlin

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    ended up in hospital for 3 days due to my prescription could not be filled by 5 pharmacies in our area , could not get into doctors surgery to try get a replacement , now i have been on painkillers for about 18 years so yes i am dependant on them , after going 38 hours without pills my wife had to call ambulance , how much as this cost the nhs compared to me having my tablets that cost 1p each ? oh and the one chemist i usually use said blame brexit , i went up there friday and gave him a good telling off its not brexit its incompetence of not keeping ahead by atleast 3 months of items that your customers need any good storesman could sort that in a few days ,

rant over
    I hear you. I'm really glad you made it back from that situation.
    Billy spent 3 stays in hospital in 2 weeks in late 2019 due to being prescribed the wrong medication.
    The staff at the hospital said he couldn't have a home nebulizer as he hadn't been hospitalised enough times.

I bought him a nebulizer on-line for home use and I'm sure that kept him out of hospital for an extra 3 years.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Quote Originally Posted by yellerbelly View Post
    If you blame it on Brexit why not 'blame it on the boogie' and the 'Wimps in Whitehall' who have prevented a full Brexit along with their other antics which are preventing getting things done or going to far on other aspects of life, I feel for the youth of today and their future, lets hope intelligent life in the universe comes and sorts it out because there does not seem to be much on this planet at the moment, all parties trying to score points of each other.

Only yesterday the old advert for the Smash advert jumped into my mind where the little aliens were rolling about laughing because we smashed our potatoes to bits, bit of an analogy there, I imagined the aliens laughing at us now because we were destroying ourselves in more ways than one.

Remembering Annie's thought for the day perhaps we should have a rant of the day, or week or month.,
    People are quick to blame whatever is the 'boogie man' at any given time.

Once time I was having a bit of a moan on social media about the time I was left to wait on a trolley in a hospital corridor for a place in their assessment unit for more than 24 hours, I had multiple organ failure at the time.

I was told that I should have expected that to happen due to all the people in the hospital being treated for COVID related complications. Given my drama happened in March 2016...it clearly had nothing to do with COVID
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Back during the Covid lock-downs I changed from the Sainsbury's pharmacy to my local one as the queues were shorter. It's always quiet and if there's a queue it's only one or two people. As always I rang the day before collection to make sure the prescription was back from the surgery, they can be slow sometimes.

They said that they had 3 of my 4 pills but were waiting for their next delivery, the following day, for the Statins. Got there in the afternoon and have never seen the like before. The queue was out the door and onto the pavement with all staff picking or checking and bagging prescriptions. Presumably most had been waiting on something just delivered that morning

This evidently hasn't been the first time it's happened. Taped to the counter (and looking tired and crumpled) was a photocopied note apologising for delays and saying "It's not just us, it's a national problem."

As that wasn't there 3 months ago when I last collected, is this problem getting worse? And if so, why?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Back during the Covid lock-downs I changed from the Sainsbury's pharmacy to my local one as the queues were shorter. It's always quiet and if there's a queue it's only one or two people. As always I rang the day before collection to make sure the prescription was back from the surgery, they can be slow sometimes.

They said that they had 3 of my 4 pills but were waiting for their next delivery, the following day, for the Statins. Got there in the afternoon and have never seen the like before. The queue was out the door and onto the pavement with all staff picking or checking and bagging prescriptions. Presumably most had been waiting on something just delivered that morning

This evidently hasn't been the first time it's happened. Taped to the counter (and looking tired and crumpled) was a photocopied note apologising for delays and saying "It's not just us, it's a national problem."

As that wasn't there 3 months ago when I last collected, is this problem getting worse? And if so, why?
    It is an international problem with multiple reasons.
    Some medication is made in China and their production is still disrupted by their COVID lockdowns.
    Apparently there is also a shortage of shipping and our government has decided not to prioritise shipping of medical supplies. So these are regarded as no more important as, for example, cheap, disposible clothing.
    Also it appears that Brexit and the new paperwork entailed has meant that some European manufacturers are increasing reluctant to supply UK.
    No doubt that there are also other logistical problems

Thread Information