Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rant for the month docs and pharmacies

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default rant for the month docs and pharmacies

ended up in hospital for 3 days due to my prescription could not be filled by 5 pharmacies in our area , could not get into doctors surgery to try get a replacement , now i have been on painkillers for about 18 years so yes i am dependant on them , after going 38 hours without pills my wife had to call ambulance , how much as this cost the nhs compared to me having my tablets that cost 1p each ? oh and the one chemist i usually use said blame brexit , i went up there friday and gave him a good telling off its not brexit its incompetence of not keeping ahead by atleast 3 months of items that your customers need any good storesman could sort that in a few days ,

rant over

Default Re: rant for the month docs and pharmacies

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    ended up in hospital for 3 days due to my prescription could not be filled by 5 pharmacies in our area , could not get into doctors surgery to try get a replacement , now i have been on painkillers for about 18 years so yes i am dependant on them , after going 38 hours without pills my wife had to call ambulance , how much as this cost the nhs compared to me having my tablets that cost 1p each ? oh and the one chemist i usually use said blame brexit , i went up there friday and gave him a good telling off its not brexit its incompetence of not keeping ahead by atleast 3 months of items that your customers need any good storesman could sort that in a few days ,

rant over
    Know just how you feel, Merlin. My husband has been on the same prescription for thirty years. We have used Morrisons for collection since that facility has been available. Yet, almost every month, they are short of one box of his six different drugs. Surely it is not impossible to keep in a regular supply for those patients needing a regular prescription collected?
    Brexit??? Covid???? They will blame anything bar incompetence/inefficiency.

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crafters_corner View Post
    Know just how you feel, Merlin. My husband has been on the same prescription for thirty years. We have used Morrisons for collection since that facility has been available. Yet, almost every month, they are short of one box of his six different drugs. Surely it is not impossible to keep in a regular supply for those patients needing a regular prescription collected?
    Brexit??? Covid???? They will blame anything bar incompetence/inefficiency.
    yup its a joke , wow kingswinford only down road

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

The pharmacist who gave Brexit as the reason for being unable to supply medication is almost certainly speaking the truth. It has been in the news several times over the past year or more that pharmacists are having great difficulty in obtaining some products. It is hardly inefficiency or incompetance to try to order products and to be told there are none available. Brexit has a lot to answer for and I fear it will only get worse.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    .......Brexit has a lot to answer for and I fear it will only get worse.
    I blame Global Warming and those who did not listen to the government and have their Experimental Medical Procedure.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    The pharmacist who gave Brexit as the reason for being unable to supply medication is almost certainly speaking the truth. It has been in the news several times over the past year or more that pharmacists are having great difficulty in obtaining some products. It is hardly inefficiency or incompetance to try to order products and to be told there are none available. Brexit has a lot to answer for and I fear it will only get worse.
    It IS inefficiency when not enough are ordered. I am told every time that certain drugs are on order and will be there the next day. My point is, when drugs are ordered on a regular basis, there should be a system where a certain number of drugs are allotted to these patients. That has nothing at all to do with Brexit. Prior to ordering from the supermarket pharmacy, this prescription was sent to Lloyds. They were even worse; I was constantly having to return for boxes to complete the order which is why I changed to Morrisons. We are talking MANY years prior to Brexit here.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

My pharmacy order things and occasionally they are out of stock centrally so don't arrive on time; not happening very much at the moment, but it did last year.
    They are attached to my GP surgery which is also outpatients for Homerton Hospital, and I chose to move there because it such a large enterprise, previously the medical centre for 2012 Olympics. It works well, such as getting advice if I am going to be more than 24 hours without my diabetes meds, Though I never see the same GP twice.
    My partner at a small pharmacy at the end of the road has more problems.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    I blame Global Warming and those who did not listen to the government and have their Experimental Medical Procedure.
    If you blame it on Brexit why not 'blame it on the boogie' and the 'Wimps in Whitehall' who have prevented a full Brexit along with their other antics which are preventing getting things done or going to far on other aspects of life, I feel for the youth of today and their future, lets hope intelligent life in the universe comes and sorts it out because there does not seem to be much on this planet at the moment, all parties trying to score points of each other.

Only yesterday the old advert for the Smash advert jumped into my mind where the little aliens were rolling about laughing because we smashed our potatoes to bits, bit of an analogy there, I imagined the aliens laughing at us now because we were destroying ourselves in more ways than one.

Remembering Annie's thought for the day perhaps we should have a rant of the day, or week or month.,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

We know from what we wee told that Boots are suppose to order the drugs from the suppliers & they will be there the next day, but by then the staff are so busy that we here need to give a weeks notice that we need them, the staff here feel stress about it themselves.

Hope Merlin you are okay now

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    We know from what we wee told that Boots are suppose to order the drugs from the suppliers & they will be there the next day, but by then the staff are so busy that we here need to give a weeks notice that we need them, the staff here feel stress about it themselves.

Hope Merlin you are okay now
    all good now but i dont want to go through that again , its more painful than what i need the meds for , very scary

Thread Information