eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Royal Mail charges from Oct 2023

Default New Royal Mail charges from Oct 2023

Prices 2023 | Royal Mail Group Ltd

​Royal Mail price increases on some items. Mainly on letters & Large letters

Default Re: New Royal Mail charges from Oct 2023

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Prices 2023 | Royal Mail Group Ltd

​Royal Mail price increases on some items. Mainly on letters & Large letters
    No Xmas cards this year, then.
    On a more serious note, this is going to put a lot of small sellers out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by crafters_corner View Post
    No Xmas cards this year, then.
    On a more serious note, this is going to put a lot of small sellers out of business.
    Thankfully no increases on parcels

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Thankfully no increases on parcels
    Quite a hefty increase for large letters. Really bad news for sellers of knitting patterns. Mine are always dispatched in card envelopes which often takes the weight over 100g.

Quite a hefty increase for large letters. Really bad news for sellers of knitting patterns. Mine are always dispatched in card envelopes which often takes the weight over 100g.
    Yeh not good not good at all, RM clearly doesn't want Letter business and if Evri ever came out with a letter deal, I would just stop giving RM any business

Forum Newbie
    View PEK2036's Feedback (+282)
    All-About PEK2036
    View PEK2036's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Re: New Royal Mail charges from Oct 2023

I buy and sell football programmes (as a hobby)....
    This price increase has just simply wiped out the hobby, as now a £1.00 valued programme will come with a hefty £3.00 postage & packing cost, collectors will simply not collect at these prices.
    I have just ended my ebid auctions and will now have a think about my next move.......
    Well it could be worst though, on the other site a £1.00 valued programme will come with a mega hefty £5.00 p&p cost including the fees!!!

[QUOTE=PEK2036;1734886]I buy and sell football programmes (as a hobby)....
    This price increase has just simply wiped out the hobby, as now a £1.00 valued programme will come with a hefty £3.00 postage & packing cost, collectors will simply not collect at these prices.
    I have just ended my ebid auctions and will now have a think about my next move.......
    Well it could be worst though, on the other site a £1.00 valued programme will come with a mega hefty £5.00 p&p cost including the fees!!![/QUOTE

I have hundreds of knitting patterns to offload and even the charity shops have refused them. Car boots are a non-starter having seen one seller reduced to selling patterns for 20p each! The price of a table was £9 and I doubt if she made anywhere near that.

Looks like the recycling. At least that's free!!

It is very depressing scenario/

I've been biting my teeth at some of these comments. Postage has indeed gone up dramatically - or will do again in October, but surely its time for you all to buy your stamps now before the rate rises ...and NOT from the Post Office.

I purchased £19 of stamps last week from a man at the boot sale who was selling some commemoratives he thought no longer useable - got them for £3.50 so technically it worked out at around 20p for a 1st class stamp.
    I purchased some more this week £9 worth for £3 - still a huge saving. There are thousands of commem's over on the dark side for sale and they are not fakes!
    Yes if you buy the booklets there are fakes and you have to be careful, but if you are a sensible buyer you can still buy your postage cheap.
    Cheaper than probably you were paying before the price rises? Don't give up your hobbies, get stuck in and use your imagination, Post Office's loss - they made enough out of stamp collectors in the past!

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I believe that UK 2nd class is not going up in price. I offer all my things at 2nd class rate to keep cost to buyers low, but I upgrade to 1st class when people have bought above a certain number of items. It is overseas rates that are too high for normal sales, just a few regulars who will bid for perhaps a hundred items at a time.

[QUOTE=crafters_corner;1734887]
    Quote Originally Posted by PEK2036 View Post
    I buy and sell football programmes (as a hobby)....
    Well it could be worst though, on the other site a £1.00 valued programme will come with a mega hefty £5.00 p&p cost including the fees!!![/QUOTE

I have hundreds of knitting patterns to offload and even the charity shops have refused them. Car boots are a non-starter having seen one seller reduced to selling patterns for 20p each! The price of a table was £9 and I doubt if she made anywhere near that.

It is very depressing scenario/
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

If it comes to the worst try finding a good home on Freegle
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information