Thread: "How I succeeded on Ebid"

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: "How I succeeded on Ebid"

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    Its a good idea for people who want to sell stamps and you are clearly a pro at doing them and I do believe it will help some people
    Postage costs are key. You stand a chance with anything lightweight.
    Once you are sending a parcel people are sensitive about cost
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Possibly consider sending as email attachment too, then no costs other than your time.

Take care.
    Wouldn't it be easier for me to send an email document? But Ebid does not allow for non-tangible goods...
    I will use Contact Us and see whether they have recommendations
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Moonie. Believe me, sorting out and getting rid is not easy. Take care.
    Last edited by Gill; 13th October 2023 at 06:27 PM.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I honestly don't believe that will work somer as it involves a third party and the boys will not want to get involved.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been away from Ebid for sometime Bill but 18 months/2 years ago sellers were able to buy logo's/banners via email. Has that changed?

Sorry, just realised I should have use the, 'reply with quote' button. I will get back into Ebid eventually and be back on the Ninja Lista help page.
    Last edited by Gill; 13th October 2023 at 06:44 PM.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    @Gill.

I don't want to take the thread off Bills topic so won't go into great detail.

See the "Google Shopping" thread on the "Suggestions" Forum, it might help There's some more to add to what's there that I'll add later.

Today on GS I found 5 of my listings on P.1 of a search for "art deco glass" (typical for over a year now) and (more importantly) I've had "Ebid - theElench" shown on the sites searched side-bar since October 22. Some of that is (I think) simply down to using GS regularly.
    Thank you. I looked into the the thread you suggested but a couple of years ago the GS shopping upload need ed a cost of £1.20 minimum-if my memory is correct. Therefore, sellers that have items for sale that aren't in the stamps/postcard categories, need to make a sale price of £2.50 at least to get them listed?

Being away from Ebid for 18months/2years makes one hell of a difference so my motto is, NEVER, EVER GIVE UP with Ebid.

I need new batteries for mouse, so see youy soon guys 'n' gals.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

@billsstamps Great idea!
    I know they don't have that download option thingy to sell that way.
    Something will come to you.

I hope to be back selling on ebid early 2024, in the meantime I'm setting up my shops etc.

Hopefully my opinion will not get me berated.

Stamps and postcards sell exceptionally well on Ebid and no matter how you advise another member to sell their wares isn't it what they sell that is the crux? Also, I expect all the information you wish to put into a leaflet Bill can be found in the Help sections/Forums.

When I started on Ebid 15 years ago it was great and I'm hoping it will be great in 2024 but getting listings onto Google has changed a lot in 15 years - it is so much harder.

I wish you well in your endeavours Bill and if you continue I sincerely hope you succeed. Possibly consider sending as email attachment too, then no costs other than your time.

Take care.
    I have noticed, on the USA side, that Stamps, Postcards and Coins sell very well. Now I am seeing an increase in autograph pictures.

I will admit that I haven't done enough to understand Google Shopping. At one time that my items on eBid were normally on the first 4 pages. During the summer, I saw that there were very few there now and it's now pages 6 and back.

I also admit that I have been working a lot more on my stand alone website right now, but will use a combination of the two sites when winter comes and I have some free time.
    The one thing that I had contacted the eBid guys was using their Pinterest account.
    Basically, I don't think they understood the difference of being a seller following their Pinterest account verses being invited to their boards so that I could pin my items on their boards.
    According to the profile that they do have 13,000 followers and I wanted to use that to bring them to my eBid shops.
    * I don't believe anyone or eBid has pinned anything there for a long time.
    * I understand that maybe at one time that people were invited, but didn't understand to only pin a few items at a time over days where they might of pinned their whole shop on there in one day or two. ( I have that problem with some of the sellers that I invite to pin to my SellersMall boards and have to explain that you can't pin so much at one time )
    * I do see that eBid Pinterest boards could do a lot of sellers good by bringing in new buyers. ( The sellers need to learn to keep their pinning to a minimum)

Thank you Moonie. Believe me, sorting out and getting rid is not easy. Take care.
    Thanks Gill...Mixed emotions about all the things I have given to people on Freegle as a lot of the items were Billy's, but I can't take all of his stuff as well as mine when I move out.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FalonTowers View Post
    Thanks Gill...Mixed emotions about all the things I have given to people on Freegle as a lot of the items were Billy's, but I can't take all of his stuff as well as mine when I move out.
    Sort into piles and consider... Do you need to keep all YOUR STUFF? If so for what reason? Now think about Billy - Do you need to keep all his stuff? Are there certain items that mean a lot to you? If YES, keep, if no give away.

We moved to a smaller property and it is hard to 'get rid' but life goes on and onbly you can make the decision to sort the rest of your life Moonie.

I'm sorry, if I come across as being harsh but only you can make your future along with friends and family.

Take care.

PS - Moonie, you are changing the subject of Bill's post.
    Last edited by Gill; 14th October 2023 at 07:30 PM.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    @billsstamps Great idea!
    I know they don't have that download option thingy to sell that way.
    Something will come to you.

I have noticed, on the USA side, that Stamps, Postcards and Coins sell very well. Now I am seeing an increase in autograph pictures.

I will admit that I haven't done enough to understand Google Shopping. At one time that my items on eBid were normally on the first 4 pages. During the summer, I saw that there were very few there now and it's now pages 6 and back.

I also admit that I have been working a lot more on my stand alone website right now, but will use a combination of the two sites when winter comes and I have some free time.
    The one thing that I had contacted the eBid guys was using their Pinterest account.
    Basically, I don't think they understood the difference of being a seller following their Pinterest account verses being invited to their boards so that I could pin my items on their boards.
    According to the profile that they do have 13,000 followers and I wanted to use that to bring them to my eBid shops.
    * I don't believe anyone or eBid has pinned anything there for a long time.
    * I understand that maybe at one time that people were invited, but didn't understand to only pin a few items at a time over days where they might of pinned their whole shop on there in one day or two. ( I have that problem with some of the sellers that I invite to pin to my SellersMall boards and have to explain that you can't pin so much at one time )
    * I do see that eBid Pinterest boards could do a lot of sellers good by bringing in new buyers. ( The sellers need to learn to keep their pinning to a minimum)

You are changing the subject of Bill's post too Police. PInterest has nothing to do with this post.
    May I suggest you start a new thread regarding PInterest.

Take care.

Thread Information