Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: "How I succeeded on Ebid"

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    @billsstamps Great idea!
    I know they don't have that download option thingy to sell that way.
    Something will come to you..
    Ebid want me to print and post on Ebid - give them some revenue, but the more I think about it, the less I like the idea of printing and the price of postage.
    If I produce something, why do I not just put it on my website and put a link to the page here on the forum so anyone can access it?
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    Ebid want me to print and post on Ebid - give them some revenue, but the more I think about it, the less I like the idea of printing and the price of postage.
    If I produce something, why do I not just put it on my website and put a link to the page here on the forum so anyone can access it?
    @billsstamps Great idea!
    I know they don't have that download option thingy to sell that way.
    Something will come to you..

It was Policequilts that said that Bill, not me.

As I said all the info you wish to put into a pamphlet can be seen on the Help pages so why not put your idea onto your own website and point everyone to Ebid shops/your listings? The forums can be found anytime by perspective buyers/sellers.

Are you saying that Ebid have put a stop to attachments/emails when selling?

Take care. X
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Newbie
    All-About hellocu
    View hellocu's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would buy it! Just discovered ebid and would love some advise on making it here. Even though my products are different (plus size clothes), I'm sure I can learn a thing or two from someone who has made so many sales here. Please let me (and us) know if you ever produce the book!
    Passionate about plus size fashion since 2015
    Arlette
    Designer of Hello Curve
    www.hellocurve.com

Forum Newbie
    View Rustymini's Feedback (+3)
    All-About Rustymini
    View Rustymini's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it's a great idea and I would certainly buy a copy, even if I have to pay postage.
    I'm returning to Ebid after a few years away (haven't sold on other sites either for most of that time). I tend to list late at night so I'm not going to get answers to my questions straight away, so having useful information to refer to would be wonderful.
    I'm not sure what sort of format your information would take although I can certainly give you a few questions that I have. I don't expect answers on this forum however I assume that these would be topics that would be covered in your guide.
    Most of my current questions involve payment and postage. Postage rates seem to have gone up massively since I was last active. Most of what I sell are low value CD's so postage rates can be a killer. I had a look at some of your listings and I must admit that I can't see how you make money. If an item plus postage is less than £1, once paypal charges and actual postage and packing charges are factored in there can't be anything left.
    I'm hoping that this is the sort of thing that would be covered in your guide.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymini View Post
    I think it's a great idea and I would certainly buy a copy, even if I have to pay postage.
    I'm returning to Ebid after a few years away (haven't sold on other sites either for most of that time). I tend to list late at night so I'm not going to get answers to my questions straight away, so having useful information to refer to would be wonderful.
    I'm not sure what sort of format your information would take although I can certainly give you a few questions that I have. I don't expect answers on this forum however I assume that these would be topics that would be covered in your guide.
    Most of my current questions involve payment and postage. Postage rates seem to have gone up massively since I was last active. Most of what I sell are low value CD's so postage rates can be a killer. I had a look at some of your listings and I must admit that I can't see how you make money. If an item plus postage is less than £1, once paypal charges and actual postage and packing charges are factored in there can't be anything left.
    I'm hoping that this is the sort of thing that would be covered in your guide.
    Yes postage rates are a killer, so selling items that are low in weight helps. Paypal allowed me some time ago to use micro-payment rates which are low at first and then rise steeply. I don't know whether the option is still there, but it allows me to make a profit on items plus 2nd class postage for less than £1.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information