Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "How I succeeded on Ebid"

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default "How I succeeded on Ebid"

I can write, especially if it is a technical "how to" book.
    Since I have made a bit of success on Ebid, nearly 30,000 in all Ebid feedback, and got some techy tricks to make listing and selling more streamlined, I could write a cheap postable pamphlet on How to Succeed on Ebid.
    Do you think there would be any demand?
    Thinking of covering costs, but not making money.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Default Re: "How I succeeded on Ebid"

After encouraging another member to produce car stickers, which I thought would sell like hot cakes, I'm saying nothing to encourage you.

I'm still embarrassed that from the FB they got stuck with most of them.

Then there's my attempt to give some free advice about using google shopping and getting the ebid name seen there. It was hard work getting just one or two members to spend a few minutes to confirm what I was seeing on GS. Never mind getting anyone else to add their advice, experience, observations or even speculation. (There is a bit more to come when if I can summon enough enthusiasm to (apparently) talk to so few.

Yes it's an excellent idea and I'd certainly buy a copy. If only to find out how to do a listing in advance, store it, find it again and get it to go live, something I've failed to do every time I've tried

But consider how many members read the boards? How many react to what they read and how many will be willing to put their hand in their pocket? You could do a lot of work only to find there's hardly any interest.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can I buy a car sticker? I still wear the t-shirts for the gym.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Yes you can, they recently tried to get some more interest in them by starting a Plug Your Auction thread. It would be nice to think that eventually they might cover their costs if they bump it regularly.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope to be back selling on ebid early 2024, in the meantime I'm setting up my shops etc.

Hopefully my opinion will not get me berated.

Stamps and postcards sell exceptionally well on Ebid and no matter how you advise another member to sell their wares isn't it what they sell that is the crux? Also, I expect all the information you wish to put into a leaflet Bill can be found in the Help sections/Forums.

When I started on Ebid 15 years ago it was great and I'm hoping it will be great in 2024 but getting listings onto Google has changed a lot in 15 years - it is so much harder.

I wish you well in your endeavours Bill and if you continue I sincerely hope you succeed. Possibly consider sending as email attachment too, then no costs other than your time.

Take care.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Hey Gill. I haven't seen you in ages.

I love your signiture. I am going through my home sorting everything out using this principle
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Bill it might be worth talking to the boys and see if they would be interested in sending it to new lifetime members

@Gill.

I don't want to take the thread off Bills topic so won't go into great detail.

See the "Google Shopping" thread on the "Suggestions" Forum, it might help There's some more to add to what's there that I'll add later.

Today on GS I found 5 of my listings on P.1 of a search for "art deco glass" (typical for over a year now) and (more importantly) I've had "Ebid - theElench" shown on the sites searched side-bar since October 22. Some of that is (I think) simply down to using GS regularly.

Its a good idea for people who want to sell stamps and you are clearly a pro at doing them and I do believe it will help some people

Thread Information