eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New sale not showing on my Dashboard

Forum Newbie
    View dav6.millar's Feedback (+20)
    All-About dav6.millar
    View dav6.millar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New sale not showing on my Dashboard

I have a sale I know nothing about it has been paid for but does not appear on my Dash.
    Buyer asked a question I can not see so he has left BAD FEEDBACK. He obviously does not rees the Forums and all the problems sellers have.
    David

Default Re: New sale not showing on my Dashboard

Strange to say the least and a problem I've never seen before.

The buyer's FB mentions that Support has advised them to leave FB and that they will investigate. All I can suggest is that you contact Support and ask them where they are seeing the sale, as you can't.

Presumably they did investigate and could see the transactionbefore telling the buyer to leave FB?

All I can add is that I've had a multiple item sale recently, questions were asked and answered without any problems. I sent an invoice to combine postage and my buyer paid, again without a problem.

Perhaps a long-shot but several members reported a problem paying their Ebid invoices for February in early March as Paypal was unavailable, perhaps there is a connection?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

We have had problems too, recently we are not getting an email when we have sold an item, the box beside the option " (Selling) - BuyNow Successful Result mail sent when an item you listed is sold via BuyNow." is greyed out but has a tick so I imagine that is a default which you can't change anyway

On our Dashboard a sold item shows but when the customer has paid or pays through Paypal it is not highlighted, we are getting emails from Paypal to say they have received a payment. We have contacted support in the past about this but they say they can find nothing wrong, but there obviously is
    Last edited by allsortsofephemera; 7th April 2024 at 08:13 AM.

I don't know if this is of any help but on 2/4 I posted on the "Postage and Delivery" Board that I'd had a multiple sale to a returning buyer. The only thing that alerted me to it was that they paid for one item, so I got a "Notification of a payment received" email from Paypal. All the Ebid "Sale" notifications went to my Spam Folder. It's happened before and by "restoring to inbox" and marking the emails as "Not Spam" seems to solve the problem (for a while at least)

I have no idea if the fault lies with Ebid or my email service. Both on this latest occasion and last time my ebid dashboard showed the sales and that emails had been sent, but for some reason they went to Spam not my inbox. It's not as though I only sell rarely on ebid, this year I've had 22 sales. For the first 18 the ebid emails arrived OK in my inbox then, for no apparent reason, the last 4 all went to Spam!!

Could it be something to do with the ASL entry that a sale notification has been sent notes that it's a "Pop-up" -- might that confuse my email service??
    Last edited by theElench; 7th April 2024 at 08:52 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

The Spam folder is always the first place to check for missing mail

Any idea why, after several years without any problem, this should start again? Or if this is an ebid glitch, or an email glitch?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Any idea why, after several years without any problem, this should start again? Or if this is an ebid glitch, or an email glitch?
    I have just made a sale today. It appeared in my ASL and I received notification from eBid

Thanks Tony. Perhaps it was a one-off glitch with my email? Fingers crossed it's back to normal service for my next sale.

Thread Information