Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: The 'Free' shipping isn't ranked the default / 1st option during checkout

Question The 'Free' shipping isn't ranked the default / 1st option during checkout

So let's say I have an item that has 3 shipping options,
    Free($0) - USPS Ground Advantage (the now retired first-class package),
    $10 - USPS Priority.
    $30 - UPS Overnight.

I entered them this way/order on the setting page, and they show up correctly on the item listing page.
    the $0 shipping at first line, the others at 2nd and 3rd.
    However, during buyers' checkout, they website always defaults to the $10 option instead of the first line which is $0.

Had a few customers contacted me asked why the additional postage..
    Some just paid the $10 some asked and later figured out the drop-down list to manually choose the free shipping option.
    Still a hassle, should be an easy fix I guess?

Any advise?

Thanks

Default Re: The 'Free' shipping isn't ranked the default / 1st option during checkout

Adding to the previous post,
    eBid was a little late on catching up with USPS to add the Ground Advantage option to the system,
    though the Retail Ground option stayed (deprecated/retired) for quite a bit longer.

Before the Ground Advantage option was made available, I used the Retail Ground option;
    during that period, I can understand if the website bypasses the Retail Ground (because of the "retired" status),
    but now I have updated it to the latest Ground Advantage,
    the website still defaults to the $10 instead of $0 shipping option..

Looks like isn't the retired status causing the weird ranking but something else.

Default Re: The 'Free' shipping isn't ranked the default / 1st option during checkout

Sorry, I can't really help, most of the regulars here are from the UK and don't know a lot about US postal services and rates.

Perhaps one of the US members will be along soon to give you some advice?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Okay, just very weird that the website doesn't default to the first shipping method..

Forum Lurker
    View borucha's Feedback (+3013)
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

This has been an issue for quite a while - I have exactly the same problem - a few buyers seem unable to access the drop down menu and by default are offered the most expensive shipping option - which causes issues

Yup got a few "angry" inquiries too; some just paid the extra shipping while some figured out the drop-down menu.
    Now tempted to add a special note to all listings detailing how to select 'Free' shipping; kind of silly but guessing it's the currently workaround or wait for more angry messages, phew~
    Will send tech support a message and see if they can work something out

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Replied on support ticket.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We've updated the checkout to show the shipping amount alongside the method within the dropdown and also will automatically select any FREE shipping method.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thumbs up Re: The 'Free' shipping isn't ranked the default / 1st option during checkout

Much appreciated for the quick updates.
    Bother to also have a look on the sale, and question history?
    Currently the oldest entries are ranked on top while the newest are way down at the bottom,
    would be easier to manage if the latest go first on top.

Thread Information