Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Postage and packaging on some games

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Postage and packaging on some games

Can i point out to some of you sellers of pc games and playstation games to put a sensible price for postage and packaging on you items (THEN YOU MIGHT SELL MORE) as i was going through these last night and people where putting prices like £2 - £ 4 postage And we all know that at most alot of games are ONLY £1 -£1.50 to post these unless they are pc games with all the manuals lol

Default Re: Postage and packaging on some games

I completely agree there. I will NOT buy from someone who uses the postage and packing as extra income. Just ask for the amount you want and be honest about the postage. i've sold a few things on ebay in my time so i KNOW how much it costs. :roll:

it's not only on here it happens. i saw the sims on ebay for a buy it now price of £21.99 and i was gonna buy it till i saw that postage n packing was £4 ~ come on, worra joke.. we aint daft you know. keep it real or list forever sez I.

tek care

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I was looking at a playstation game today and it was on £4 and the postage was £5 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I could get it cheaper uptown than that total :wink:

£5??????...now that is a joke. this is the trouble with ebid, nobody bids cos of the daft amounts wanted for p&p or the stuff's overpriced in the first place. if you see a bargain(which i see from time to time) you don't wanna be put off by the postage, or the fact the game's a snide. if i want a snide copy i'll see my man that does em for me ~ and for cheaper!!!!! :x

aye, these crappy traders want sorting out so we potential sellers/buyers can shift some stuff/get some bargains....

tek care now
    squallsgirl
    xxxxxxxx

View Gen696's Feedback (+537)
    All-About Gen696
    View Gen696's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree that something should be done about high prices on Console & P.C. games!.
    I sell games myself and if i can post a console game for between £1.60 - £1.80 recorded delivery then i do not see why other people can't do the same....
    I've had the same problem as squallsgirl, wanting to buy an item but then look at postage and think is it really worth to spend that much on postage.
    I must admit i did pay for the postage once of £3.25 for a ps game (rare one) and guess what it came in... just a normal paper A5 envelope. What a joke! Had a right go at the seller!
    Maybe an idea is the cap postal costs in auctions so that it cannot go over a certain price for postage or you type in the weight and it comes up with the postal costs :!:
    Enough of me babbling now...
    Gen696

Yep have to agree, it should be about 30p for the padded envelope, about 65p for First Class postage and then another 70p(?) for recorded.

£5.00 is outragous, unless they are sending it special next day AM delivery which is £3.65.

Quote Originally Posted by stealth-f117
    Yep have to agree, it should be about 30p for the padded envelope, about 65p for First Class postage and then another 70p(?) for recorded.

£5.00 is outragous, unless they are sending it special next day AM delivery which is £3.65.
    Work for free do you

I agree some P&P is over the top but like KP if the total inc P&P is not worth it I dont bid either.

Ive just transferred from ebay today. I would just like to say that as an ebay seller i did use to add extra to the postage cost but i did it purely to cover the listing charges as we all are painfully aware of ebays fees.
    But now ive been shown the light i can do away with all that and simply charge the actual cost of postage. :lol:

Forum Lurker
    View f3speech's Feedback (+1703)
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

If any of you have a Wilkinsons near by you can get 4 padded envelopes in there for 99p. They are roughly A4 size and aren't a bad quality. It only works out at 25p a piece then.

I've started splitting up postage and packing on my invoices. Sometimes I can re-use packing and then show that I'm not charging for it. When you do charge for a new envelope, then at least the buyer can see what you added on.

I have a postage chart and what I charge is the fee for the weight, rounded up to the nearest 10p. So at the most you are charging 9p over. This covers you for tape, staples and any other bits and it still keeps things nice and low.

well done you honest peeps!!!!!!!

tek care
    squallsgirl
    xxxxxxxx

Thread Information