Forum Posts

i includ e pnp in my price
    so barin in mind postage around £1.20
    n state if recorded required add 65p

so selling a game £8 inc pnp bn £10
    meeks it £6.80at min[bargain]
    n its a new game
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

I don't buy things either with rip-off p&p, i always check the total inc p&p to see if something is a bargain.
    I don't charge over the odds either, on a lot of my auctions i include p&p in the price, i started to do this after seeing so many £1 items with heavy p&p, it put me off looking at lots of auctions, so i figured it would affect others the same. Maybe i'll get around to doing the rest of mine this way eventually, too many to change all at once though.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

i just goty a ps2 game
    i won recently on ebuygum
    now i paid 2.50 for pnp
    actual cost 50p 2nd class

but i cant complain as i got the game for a decent price
    sso wat im sayin in swings in roundabouts

btw its a wicked game
    Last edited by PATRIOT73; 27th July 2006 at 03:10 PM.
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

It usually costs about 80p to send a game, plus the price of the envelope.

Remember though that P&P is postage AND packaging, and many charge a 'handling fee'. Perhaps the US term "shipping and handling" is better, though I admit £4 or £5 is excessive.

I think mine are priced well enough! :-)

i used to charge exact p+p for my items on ebay-now its free here

i am not paying so much out on listings etc so i pass on the savings-i dont sell games but high p+p is a common worry whatever you sell

all i am trying to say is that even if you are a business seller you do not need high p+p on this site

great site btw

good luck to all debbie

I've set my P&P at £1.99 for 2nd class recorded. That also includes getting the game in a proper game box, so I hope you think that is a proper price. I've just registered on here today, so just three games to see what sort of response. I need to shrink my pictures down though, anyone got any tips ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustardtree View Post
    How many times have you emailed to ask why the postage is so high.

Back comes the reply:-
    Postage, packaging, time wrapping parcel, petrol to the post office.

And that is from hobby sellers, clearing the attic.
    But if you think about it, it probably costs the 'hobby seller' more to ship a game than it does a professional seller/business.

Professional/business sellers will buy packaging in bulk (many are also VAT-exempt), and also probably have contracts with Royal Mail/couriers for bulk shipments - both of which will lower their over-all shipping costs.

Whereas a 'hobby seller' will buy the odd jiffy bag as and when it's needed, meaning shop prices and VAT - plus they get no discounts on shipping.

If the shipping and handling is too high you will lose a lot of bidders. I've gotten some good deals for items that had the shipping jacked up. Im only concerned with the total cost. I think its also a good idea to offer combined shipping of some kind easpecially if you are selling similar items. People love a good deal. Keep up the good work game sellers. The listing numbers for games here is among the best among alternative sites.
    http://us.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

I saw an american item on here for sale, think it was an XBox 360 game and they wanted £17.99 P&P which made the game £50 when its only £40 in shops.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

I never actually sent a PS2 game Recorded 1st Class before the other day, I weighed and calculated the cost at home, adding about 20p to be safe, but it turned out that it only cost 1.50 (I charged 2.20), felt a bit guilty about it but at least now I know how much to charge for all future PS2 / PS3 / single DVDs. I think 2.00 is very fair, it includes any packing, a few pence for my effort, and I always post very quickly.

But yes, I have been put off buying if the P&P is over 3.00 for a game. There is a seller on here who does lots of computer stuff, his postage price seems to be 5.99 regardless of what it is because he uses a courier, I think he could offer 1st Class Recorded on smaller items as it would 1/4 or 1/2 the P&P for the buyer. I wanted to buy a cable from him but the P&P made it prohibitively expensive (like the P&P was twice what the item was worth!)
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Thread Information