My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Let's start by saying what crafts we are interested in

I was going to suggest a house move, or perhaps you would like to commission a ceiling
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

The housemove will happen when Mum-in-law dies(she's 94, so I am not mercenary). Unfortunately she has her own collection of paintings, but we might still find a space when all is sorted. So don't give up hope! The ceiling idea is also not bad. I'll run it by the other half

Forum Newbie
    Sutton St James, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View franothy's Feedback (+4)
    All-About franothy
    View franothy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there
    I just love making a mess - so any craft does the job for me
    I've had a go at knitting, cross stitch, tapestries scrapbooking but always seem to come back to the sewing - Maybe its because I get the results quicker - I used to do porcelain dollmaking for many years and also teach it - I did think about doing reborns but thats as far as it got, I tried ceramics which was ok and at the moment I am putting together another dolls house - but thats totally addictive and nothing else gets done.
    There is one craft I am facinated by and would so much like to do it but I just can't get my head round it at all .... thats Tatting .... I love the delicated finish and its a craft that you can take in your pocket ... but sadly it isn't as easy as it looks.. Perhaps I may have another go someday

Fran

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fran, the basics of tatting aren't that diffucult, but I needed someone to show me rather than learning from a book. When I took up bobbin lace my teacher spent just part of a lesson to show me how, because I told her I had attempted it from a book and given up. So find a teacher, which is probably easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    This is my latest painting an acrlic on canvas 16x12

Ken, your painting is beautiful. I majored in art in high school & 1 year in college, many..many years ago. Took painting classes from time to time, after I got out of school. I have a few hanging in my home. But, they are not nearly, in any way..shape..or form..as good as yours. Your talent is a real blessing. But, I am lucky I can look out my back door and see white tail deer just as beautiful. I will just keep stitching...I do think that is a talent too. Lol, if you start doing ceilings, you could do a lot of traveling. Keep painting!!! Sandy

Forum Newbie
    Sutton St James, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View franothy's Feedback (+4)
    All-About franothy
    View franothy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for replying I'm sure you're right, its always easier to be shown a task rather than reading about it - in the meantime i've plenty of unfinished projects to keep me busy!!

Forum Newbie
    View cabinfever's Feedback (+2)
    All-About cabinfever
    View cabinfever's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ken, nice work! Do you sell in galleries? I used to and used to sell through a museum gift shop. But I hate the whole political mess of being in with the "artsy" folks locally. It gets crazy. I walked away from it for a few years, and now I am getting back into it I am just doing online sales or word of mouth.

I do serious oil on canvas paintings of wildlife, recently did a miniature wolf on a button, and working on a cross bow saw at the moment.

But I also do children's furniture with acrylics. This is one I delivered last week to a local chiropractor's office.

Forum Newbie
    View catvinnat's Feedback (+1417)
    All-About catvinnat
    View catvinnat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I'm a digiscrapper

I've turned my hand to most things but my latest love is digital scrapbooking. I love traditional scrapbooking but its just too messy, now I can do it from the comfort of my PC.
    Just made a memory book for my Dad's 80th birthday
    this is the link (its a big file so takes a while to download) as I also made it into a slideshow

http://www.box.net/shared/fed3k1k0go

thi is one of my efforts if you don't want to wait for the slideshow
    I actually have them printed in the states as its cheaper to have them posted from there than to get them done in the uk. They look great at 12 '' x 12''
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by catvinnat; 21st June 2008 at 02:47 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View FunCakesForYou's Feedback (+189)
    All-About FunCakesForYou
    View FunCakesForYou's Listings
    Forum Posts

To Catvinnat - I, too like scrapbooking. Did you know that you can make edible cake images from your scrapbooking pages? I'm making one for my son this week - he's graduating from elementary school.

Forum Newbie
    View catvinnat's Feedback (+1417)
    All-About catvinnat
    View catvinnat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

great cake images - my hubby is 50 this year - would be great to do a special topper for him - my local asda does the right size cakes for these -I will bookmark you, thanks. If you ever need any digi designs doing for your toppers I'm your woman
    regards
    Catvinnat

Thread Information