eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ouija boards

Lightbulb U F O S

They are authentic--I am Senior Officer for Intell U.S.ARmy
    & there were alot we could not explain with science ect!
    Im not saying they do or dont exist!
    Im saying -We can explain with Science a lot of the
    sited lights-or moving objects!
    As far as boards for readings----We carry electric currents in our body! Much like rubbing feet on carpet we--shock people!
    So of us people can hold a charge after meditating & use it
    for martial arts--healings--ect!
    Now heres the boards--The Electric charge is just enough in even the basics of people that the board reacts to the charge--hence the needle to guide the magnic!
    The boards are chaged with veriuos metal parts so the entire
    board is a conductor!
    When the electric hits!We can guide with our minds were the dial is to go!
    That is the just of the boards!No esp --witchcraft--ect required! Simple electric curent following the path of thought!

Quote Originally Posted by djinn1 View Post
    I am Senior Officer for Intell U.S.ARmy
    I find that very hard to believe.
    Is it not usual for senior ranks in the armed forces of any nation to have a reasonably high standard of education? Perhaps I am wrong, but your communication skills suggest a somewhat lower standard. Also, the idea that a senior officer for intel would be spending time in the forums of a little known auction site seems more than unlikely to me.

Perhaps you could furnish us with some details of where you are based and what your job entails so that we may become more likely to believe you?

Default Talking

No--I put it on a lower level so you could understand it!
    it seems you cant find even 1 possitive thing to say !
    I will not engauge further with you!
    I have had a great life --iIf you dont have the repsect for those who served--Dont ever concider talking to any Vets!
    We dont take kindly to those who dont enjoy freedom!
    If this is all you do, is sit by the computor with your little life--just to try to belittle some one you dont know!
    Alls I can say is tred soft!
    There are vets world wide & we stick tight!

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    I agree that you can be 100% sincere about believing what you appear to see. So are the majority of people who report seeing or hearing ghost, seeing UFOs, feeling strange or spooky sensations in old houses and so on.

However, given how easy it is to fool the human senses - either our own through convincing ourselves we saw what we wanted to see, or fooling someone else's either deliberately (with cold reading for example) or acidentally, I still can't agree with you about this.

During the early 90's I was a co editor/writer/publisher of an electronic magazine about UFOs and other strange phenomena. As part of that I spoke to, corresponded with or otherwise heard from many people who genuinely believed that had seen something not of this earth. In every single verifiable* case the sighting turned out to be something perfectly normal. But in every single case the person involved didn't want to hear that; they wanted to believe and that's exactly what they did do whether anyone else believed them or not. We even had one guy who was convinced he had UFOs flying over his house each night because he'd seen the lights. What he didn't accept was that he lived on the flight path for Exeter airport!

(* Verfifiable means a sighting that is fresh enough to gather information about. This information includes weather patterns, time of year, time of day, local events such as helicopter or air balloon flights, times of laser lightshows, times and paths of local aircraft, distance to commercial or private airfields, distance to areas popular with kite flyers etc etc etc.)

The long and the short of it is I have seen far too many people who refuse to accept any other posibility for what they believe they saw, heard or felt. Add to that the total lack of scientific proof of any sort to support the claims of believers and I see no reason to change my mind.

What I do know is that no matter how many times I make logical arguments to the contrary, you and others will continue to believe. So, enjoy.
    Okay Damian. It's very clear we cannot agree on this so lets just differ, shall we? You go into quite a bit of detail regarding UFO's and what your enquiries into that subject revealed, (or didn't) and I expect you were thorough. But UFO's are a different ball game altogether. You cannot compare the two. UFOmania can be very widespread, crowds of people can claim to have seen something. Spiritualism is personal, not controlled by crowd hysteria. (Or it shouldn't be!)
    And you are right, your logical argument will do nothing to shake my belief. Maybe because there is no logic to it. But all I ask is that perhaps you can refrain from being so blatant in your disbelief, as you were earlier in this thread? I and others who know the truth are offended by some of the terms used. You are entitled to your beliefs its true, but best not to be too strong with them, eh?

So instead of contributing normally you decided to be patronising and assume that we needed a "lower level" as though we are all idiots? Did your military training teach you to do that?

it seems you cant find even 1 possitive thing to say ! I will not engauge further with you!
    Ah, the standard tactics of someone caught out who is unable to back up what they say with anything other than cowardice.

I have had a great life --iIf you dont have the repsect for those who served--Dont ever concider talking to any Vets!
    Hey, I have a lot of respect for people who care for animals, so don't you dare say otherwise.

WTF has this thread got to do with anyone enjoying freedom or not?

If this is all you do, is sit by the computor with your little life--just to try to belittle some one you dont know!
    Ah, so instead of adding anything at all to the discussion you now choose to make threats. And you think this is how "Senior Intel Officers" are supposed to act? You sound more like an angry schoolboy.

So, as we've now established that we don't like each other, I shall take this opportunity to lay it all out for you. I think you are a liar and that you are no more a Senior Intel Officer than I am POTUS. Your communication style is akin to that of a seventh grader. Your sentence construction, punctuation and language use are appalling and quite clearly nowhere near the high standard required for someone whose job would daily involve the ability to understand and clearly communicate information at the highest levels.
    Consequently I think you are a fantacist who takes pleasure from trying to make other people believe you hold high office when in reality I suspect you are little more than a janitor, if that.

Now, if you ".. will not engauge further with [me]!" then I will be no worse off for the lack of your patronising, ill-informed, poorly constructed, badly-written diatribes.
    Last edited by damian_steele; 23rd October 2006 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiquita View Post
    Okay Damian. It's very clear we cannot agree on this so lets just differ, shall we?

Fair enough.
    You go into quite a bit of detail regarding UFO's and what your enquiries into that subject revealed, (or didn't) and I expect you were thorough.

Very thorough. When dealing with the subject of UFOs it is very important to be as thorough as possible to get to the real truth of the matter so as to eliminate all doubt. The people involved would never accept a partial, probable or questionable explanation as an alternative to what they already believed.

It is for these reason that I also expect no less a level of proof for other mysterious events, but always find that those involved fail to provide it.
    But UFO's are a different ball game altogether. You cannot compare the two.

If you thought I was directly comparing UFOlogy with Ouija boards then you clearly didn't understand what I wrote. My point was to demonstrate the mindset of the people involved and their unshakable attitudes to what they believed they saw. My comparison was to belief not subject matter.
    But all I ask is that perhaps you can refrain from being so blatant in your disbelief, as you were earlier in this thread? I and others who know the truth are offended by some of the terms used.

I can see where you are coming from, but now I am offended by your assumption of knowing the "truth" for to do so would mean that my opinion is wrong and I do not believe it to be so. What you have is your belief, not a "truth".

However, I think there is little point in continuing with this matter and we shall have to agree to differ.

Talking

it seems you cant find even 1 possitive thing to say !
    I will not engauge further with you!
    Vets In A Spin!

Well, It Shouldn't Happen To A Vet, Damian, you should Let Sleeping Vets Lie

Quote Originally Posted by jarremachine View Post

you should Let Sleeping Vets Lie
    That was brilliant, love the double entendre.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think it's a question as to whether they are real or not but we shouldn't dabble in things we know nothing of. It's playing with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by artlandish View Post
    I don't think it's a question as to whether they are real or not but we shouldn't dabble in things we know nothing of. It's playing with fire.
    You are absolutely right.

Thread Information