Thread: Vinyl Packaging

Forum Newbie
    View Ziggy72's Feedback (+6)
    All-About Ziggy72
    View Ziggy72's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Vinyl Packaging

Hi
    I sell a lot of music online, and I like it to be easy. Selling CD's is a doddle, stick it in a jiffy bag seal and post!. However people selling Vinyl Singles and LP's will know its not as easy as that, as packaging is harder to come by. Anyone know anywhere (online or elsewhere) where I can buy Vinyl Packaging ?. I know of http://www.auctionpax.co.uk/ but I think their Jiffy Bag prices are a little expensive, so I presume that their must be someone selling the vinyl mailers cheaper. Also I have tried http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/ , they have cheap Jiffy Bag mailers but no suitable Vinyl Packaging, that I can see. Any help appreciated.
    Paul

Hi Paul, I also have a lot of old vinyl records to sell and know that they can be really, really tricky since they are so fragil. There is a site - www.recordcollectorsguild.org - that has some great information and you might find your answer there. Best of wishes, Nancy

Hi, I also have a lot of vinyl to sell but didnt want the hassle of sending something so fragile, im going to (at some time) list my whole collection for pick up only, i wont have to worry then about packaging on any of them then, best of luck karen
    Buyers Delights for all your Clothing & Accessories
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Buyers-Delights

The welsh Emporium for a variety of weird & wonderful items
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Welsh-Emporium

If you are not a member of Ebid and would like to join,
    clickherehttp://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/normal...=register-main

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to sell a lot of records on Ebay but haven't got round to it here yet. The thing to use is the cardboard mailers you can buy from various suppliers there. They usually come with cardboard inserts to make them more ridgid. I never had a problem posting LP's all round the world. The thing to do would be to group together and approach one of the Ebay sellers and suggest that they list here too. I can look up who I bought from last if you want.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

By the way All Kinds Of Everything you did see the dates on the posts above?

Whoops , karen
    Buyers Delights for all your Clothing & Accessories
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Buyers-Delights

The welsh Emporium for a variety of weird & wonderful items
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Welsh-Emporium

If you are not a member of Ebid and would like to join,
    clickherehttp://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/normal...=register-main

Forum Lurker
    View bitzunbobz's Feedback (+1046)
    All-About bitzunbobz
    View bitzunbobz's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I do is cut a piece of stiff card to just bigger than the cover and simply put it (along with the record of course) in a padded envelope. Thats it. Cardboard is free and padded envelopes are cheap. I ship all over the world via the other side (wish it was happening here though) and I have never had so much as a bent corner reported, never mind a broken record.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Packing

I get my packing cardboard from the supermarkets, and cut to size with a template, and a plain brown envelope with singles ,so thats 2 pieces of cardboard in an envelope with fragile tape on outside never had a breakage, as for 78's i maybe go over the top a a bit but it works the produce boxes from the supermarkets have really thick cardboard i can get two pieces of packing from each one its really thick it then has bubble wrap and in a box full of shredded paper ,no breakages so far, not on here obviously (winky),but hope to have many sales on here

I wrap my 45's with sleeve in newspaper, and then sandwich between two pieces of cardboard, and then wrap that in newspaper also. Insert in a padded mailer, seal shut, add FRAGILE stickers, and it's ready. I always suggest wrapping the record and sleeve with newspaper before putting it between cardboard. I've received records in the past where the record and sleeve were put in cardboard and taped shut, but the tape also stuck to the record sleeve, and in this case, it was a picture sleeve and it was very hard to get the tape off the sleeve without messing it up. So wrapping first before the cardboard is a must.

As for Lps, I usually get 12" x 14" shipping boxes, leave them flat, and then insert the album with cover. With the box staying flat, it makes a tight fit and is very protective. Then just fold and tape the ends over as needed to make a sturdy flat package containing the LP.

For 78's, I go out and buy large boxes, lots of bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. Wrap the record like crazy until it's a big bubble wrap ball, and then place in cardboard box with lots of peanuts underneath, to the sides, and on top. Add extra cardboard inserts inside as needed to make a very sturdy box, while still allowing the record to "float" as much as possible. Just be sure to let the buyer know that shipping costs for 78's are more expensive due to the extra materials needed and the weight of the final packaged product.

There is a supplier in the US called Bags Unlimited that sells mailers for LPs, 45's and 78's, as well as CDs, tapes, comics, etc. Their stuff is very sturdy, and I love the unique boxes they have for 78's that include foam pads, but the prices are a bit steep for me, so I don't buy there often, except to get white paper sleeves for the 45's. Their url is www.bagsunlimted.com if anyone's interested.

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorBear View Post
    I wrap my 45's with sleeve in newspaper, and then sandwich between two pieces of cardboard, and then wrap that in newspaper also. Insert in a padded mailer, seal shut, add FRAGILE stickers, and it's ready. I always suggest wrapping the record and sleeve with newspaper before putting it between cardboard. I've received records in the past where the record and sleeve were put in cardboard and taped shut, but the tape also stuck to the record sleeve, and in this case, it was a picture sleeve and it was very hard to get the tape off the sleeve without messing it up. So wrapping first before the cardboard is a must.

As for Lps, I usually get 12" x 14" shipping boxes, leave them flat, and then insert the album with cover. With the box staying flat, it makes a tight fit and is very protective. Then just fold and tape the ends over as needed to make a sturdy flat package containing the LP.

For 78's, I go out and buy large boxes, lots of bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. Wrap the record like crazy until it's a big bubble wrap ball, and then place in cardboard box with lots of peanuts underneath, to the sides, and on top. Add extra cardboard inserts inside as needed to make a very sturdy box, while still allowing the record to "float" as much as possible. Just be sure to let the buyer know that shipping costs for 78's are more expensive due to the extra materials needed and the weight of the final packaged product.

There is a supplier in the US called Bags Unlimited that sells mailers for LPs, 45's and 78's, as well as CDs, tapes, comics, etc. Their stuff is very sturdy, and I love the unique boxes they have for 78's that include foam pads, but the prices are a bit steep for me, so I don't buy there often, except to get white paper sleeves for the 45's. Their url is www.bagsunlimted.com if anyone's interested.
    Hi Windsor, thats good advice on the packing, thats what i do, on the 78's i think i maybe go over the top i do very much the same as you but i use shredded paper instead of the peanuts, before i used to cardboard, bubble wrap newspaer etc, had a breakage, so changed and started doing it like you, it doe'w ork out very expensive perhaps thats why i am not selling any 78's LOL,i might just add thayt i could probably send two or three 78's for the same price as one.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Thread Information