eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

The title rules are there to prevent the listing of a large number of identical items. It is particularly important in the case of items like stamps. It is very offputting for a potential customer to have to wade through a dozen or more stamps of the same issue which only differ in, perhaps, a postmark (ie having the same catalogue number). You could make each title different by numbering it (eg #1,#2) but I would strictly limit the number of times you do that to avoid putting off buyers and because you may incur the wrath of eBid management. If you like you could look at my listings. You will see examples of my solution if you sort the listings into title order.

Quote Originally Posted by abertawe54 View Post
    One thing that surprised me was the Title rules for listing items. I have a lot of duplicate stamps I want to list which effectively would all have the same title. They are however different from each other and buyers want to see a scan of the stamp they are buying, not "one like it". I'm sure there's a way around it and I'll look at other peoples lists tomorrow to see how they deal with the problem.

Thanks again.
    Welcome and hope you have some sales.
    I list multiple items with the same description, however I put a different letter for each of those same title descriptions, e.g.
    marvel universe trading card # 3 (A)
    marvel universe trading card # 3 (B)
    marvel universe trading card # 3 (C)
    and so on......
    Hope this helps
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Thank you all again for your patience, help and advice. I will leave you all in peace now and use the appropriate threads to ask any further questions I will probably have.

Forum Newbie
    All-About ebline646
    View ebline646's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    eBid would like to welcome all new buyers and sellers, say hi, leave a message, tell us where you're from and how you came to be an eBid member. Just click the add reply button above and leave a little message to introduce yourself, where you'e from, how you found eBid, other auction experiences etc..

G
    Hello everyone, I'm a long time eBay seller with excellent feedback & ratings, looking to try some new marketplaces. I primarily sell vintage clothing, art, accessories & estate sale finds, often at wholesale prices or at cost to the vintage industry! I'm based in the Northeastern United States, hope to start listing soon! X

Quote Originally Posted by ebline646 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a long time eBay seller with excellent feedback & ratings, looking to try some new marketplaces. I primarily sell vintage clothing, art, accessories & estate sale finds, often at wholesale prices or at cost to the vintage industry! I'm based in the Northeastern United States, hope to start listing soon! X
    Name:  welcome to the group.gif
Views: 77
Size:  150.8 KB

Forum Newbie
    View Vettewine's Feedback (+406)
    All-About Vettewine
    View Vettewine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just joined eBid yesterday (May 21) and imported my eBay listing to eBid with no problems.
    I was getting tired of eBay's changing of the rules and increasing their fees so much.
    After more than 20 years on eBay I left and joined eBid and I like it very much so far.
    However, I do have a question for anyone that can answer it... How do you locate a listing you were working on but had to stop and save for later...?
    I started one yesterday but cannot find a link to where it is "saved" so I just may have to start it over...

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Go to : My eBid
    Go to : My Defaults
    Scroll to the bottom : Click on SAVE GENERAL DEFAULT

look at the top center and click on : MY SELLING DEFAULTS

under #1: Select which set of Selling defaults to use
    Use that drop down arrow and select the item drafts to update
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forum Newbie
    All-About Phillyfool88
    View Phillyfool88's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does anything sell on this site?

No, we're all here because we're lonely, no-one else to talk to, nothing else to do.... I'm just celebrating my 10th anniversary on here not selling a blind thing...

Thread Information