My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Hi everybody. I'm a Welshman and have lived in Italy (boy meets girl story) since I left the Army (about 40 years now). I've recently stumbled across Ebid in my seemingly never-ending search to add to my stamp hoard/accumulation/collection. I found some great bargains here and nice stamps, having mainly bought from people who post on the forums!

I've just been made redundant (Covid cutbacks), a year before my pension is due to start, so I have a lot of time on my hands, especially as we have now entered Covid lockdown again. I'm seriously thinking about opening a store and selling some of my stamps here as it seems much less complicated to do so than on other sites.

Unfortunately, I missed the opportunity to take up the half-price lifetime offer. Does that offer ever come around again or is it lost forever?

If I do set up shop here, I'll be back to bother you all with requests for advice and constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    Welcome to eBid !

I see on the front page the 69.99

Name:  6999.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  43.8 KB
    Thanks for the reply. I'm on the "Italian" site. There is something similar on my front page but you have to sign up within 24 hours of registering on the site.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

You should be able to get the 50% off when you upgrade even if it's pass the 24 hours.

I think when I first started that it was days before I went for the lifetime membership.

I would click on that part and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    You should be able to get the 50% off when you upgrade even if it's pass the 24 hours.

I think when I first started that it was days before I went for the lifetime membership.

I would click on that part and see what happens.
    Thanks again. I just tried but it wants the "full price". I think I will go for it anyway. Even if I don't sell anything, Ebid will be a great place for me to admire my "hoard" online. I'd better start scanning..

I've never up-graded to Seller+ Lifetime so please get what I say verified by someone with more knowledge before taking it as 100% accurate.

I see you're registered as a Buyer, not a seller.

All the things circled by Policequilts are applicable to sellers, someone registered as a buyer(only) cannot list anything / have shop fees / FVF etc. I'm registered as a seller, it's been years since I upgraded from Buyer, so I don't think I would be entitled to the half-price offer.

To me, from the way the offer reads, doesn't it mean that the 24 hours start from when you up-grade to Seller from Buyer (only)??
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would contact eBid and ask if you can get the $69.99 deal for lifetime membership.

I doesn't hurt to try.

Go to "Ebid Help" at the top of the page. See Registering and Up-grade >> Section 2 "... or any other up-grade...".

So it seems to say that if you up-grade to Seller you then have 24 hours to upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime and will be able to use the offer.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Thank you all very much for the replies and suggestions. I finally went ahead and bought the life membership package. I think it's actually cheaper than what you guys pay in the US or UK so I'm quite satisfied.

I'm now messing about with my first store, trying to get the Logo and background sorted out. God knows why they say to make the background 550 px high when you can only actually see about 350 px of it on the screen. Anyways it's all good fun.

One thing that surprised me was the Title rules for listing items. I have a lot of duplicate stamps I want to list which effectively would all have the same title. They are however different from each other and buyers want to see a scan of the stamp they are buying, not "one like it". I'm sure there's a way around it and I'll look at other peoples lists tomorrow to see how they deal with the problem.

Thanks again.

There are plenty of people on the boards who'll help you with such "technical" issues. Sadly I'm not one of them as all my items are "one of a kind". Just pick the most appropriate Forum for your questions and you'll usually get replies pretty quickly.

Best wishes and good luck on Ebid.

Thread Information