My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Ive eventually got around to saying 'HI' here LOL

I have a store on ebay which is doing pretty well but after their shameful treatment of storeholders thought Id give Ebid a go after hearing about it on ebay forums.

A few glitches here and there, but Im most worried about the lack of viewings on my listings, never mind the sales, but I guess that takes time , eh?!!

You all seem like a friendly bunch anyway

Default ebay to ebid ?? is it a good idear?

hi all, i have been selling on ebay for quite awhile now and am getting a bit fed up with the managment and the high fees, scammers ect,so i thought i would checkout what other auction sites are out in the cyper world. i have just joined ebid and intend to list some of my stuff and see were i go from here, however while checkiing the site to see what the competion is (not much for what i sell- good news for me)
    i have found a seller who i know is selling fakes i know these products inside out and can tell by the look and the packaging that they are for sure fakes. So what does ebid do about this?as i am new to ebid i want to make sure i know all the rules and what is what, i know that there will always be those who sell crap !! and stuff that is fake - from god knows were made by god know who, with god knows what in them, which can be very dangerous for the poor sod that buys it. but i am hoping that there is some sort of protection for buyers who want good quality items at fair prices - so any advise those of you who have been on ebid for some time now can give me i will welcome. many thanks and i hope to get to know many of you in the future.

Thumbs up Richard AKA Moby390

Hi All , Moby390 here , been trading on other sites for 3 years sold 50000 items and looking to expand into Ebid or even move entire operation here ... I Sell Great Britain. Commonwealth, and all world stamps and the occasional other collectable , happy to take email requests and just Happy to be here ,

Hi Pink , Likewise upset with ebay increasing fees yet again so looking to move here for the bulk of what i sell ... Hope to interact with as many ebidders as poss to get the lowdown on the highs and lows and the pitfalls in here , any advice will be most welcome ... Look forward to replies ... Richard

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady21 View Post
    hi all, i have been selling on ebay for quite awhile now and am getting a bit fed up with the managment and the high fees, scammers ect,so i thought i would checkout what other auction sites are out in the cyper world. i have just joined ebid and intend to list some of my stuff and see were i go from here, however while checkiing the site to see what the competion is (not much for what i sell- good news for me)
    i have found a seller who i know is selling fakes i know these products inside out and can tell by the look and the packaging that they are for sure fakes. So what does ebid do about this?as i am new to ebid i want to make sure i know all the rules and what is what, i know that there will always be those who sell crap !! and stuff that is fake - from god knows were made by god know who, with god knows what in them, which can be very dangerous for the poor sod that buys it. but i am hoping that there is some sort of protection for buyers who want good quality items at fair prices - so any advise those of you who have been on ebid for some time now can give me i will welcome. many thanks and i hope to get to know many of you in the future.
    Hi, and welcome. There is a report button on all auctions on here including the classifieds. We are very proud to say that scammers are reported freely. If you feel for certain that someone is selling fake goods. Then report them. If Ebid deems your report to be a valid claim then they will remove their auction. They will also be suspended or banned if they have been reported several times for the same reason. However if Ebid feels that this report is unwarranted then they will continue to sell the goods.

I also note that you don't say what the item is. If it is dangerous, then perhaps you should let us know about it.
    Last edited by paintinglemonjane; 28th July 2006 at 08:32 PM.
    PLJ

Store open again
    For Portraits in Pastels, Watercolour and Graphite Pencil.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sweet-Smel...cess-Art-Store
    For beautiful hand made Greeting Cards
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Card-Shop
    For Collectors Dolls
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Doll-Shop
    Quality Secondhand Books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Book-Shop
    Fine Jewellery and Costume Jewellery
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Jewellery-Shop

Forum Newbie
    View ian2720's Feedback (+2294)
    All-About ian2720
    View ian2720's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Hi All

Taken awhile but got here eventually to say Hi.

Another deserter from e-bay with fees to e-bay and to paypal the where taken a fortune, but final straw was a 5p listing day in June where the charged us the full listing price to start with ie the 15p then they where keeping the extra 10p till the end of August. Nice bit of interest they made off of that one.

Hopefully the sales will be as good here

Cheers
    Ian

Smile don't worry.... you are here now

Hello, and welcome. good move. Don't panick & relax......It is not just the sellers that make ebid, as you know the buyrs have to be here, main prob is, buyers can't find what they want on eBid. Get the nmessage out there boycott buying on ebay too! find it on ebay and ask the seller to do the seal on ebid...... does 2 things intros to ebid if they havent heard of it, saves them money and gets you the deal without compromising your morals... ok 3 things! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by generallyelectricuk View Post
    Ive eventually got around to saying 'HI' here LOL

I have a store on ebay which is doing pretty well but after their shameful treatment of storeholders thought Id give Ebid a go after hearing about it on ebay forums.

A few glitches here and there, but Im most worried about the lack of viewings on my listings, never mind the sales, but I guess that takes time , eh?!!

You all seem like a friendly bunch anyway

Talking Hi all- another "refugee" business seller just joined up

Hi everyone.
    Well, an hour ago I was on "the other" auction site closing my store, and so I reckoned i had better drop in and say Hi to friends old and new, many of whom jumped ship some time ago, and customers old and new.
    Art first i was going to join in the listings strike, then thought, bogger it, why not close the abay store, have a break and head for virtual pastures new -lol, plenty of refugees here!

This site is like a breath of fresh air.

Im not sure whether I just got bored with eBay or whether the fees and listings policies fially got to me. Anyway plenty of posts in the opposition forums about what a good place this is to buy and sell, so here I am. I guess I will still buy there as well as here, and It looks like a pretty fresh place to have an online store. To be honest I'd got fed up with all that tat from china, and the blasted respond to question thing, and I guessed I needed a rest from online auction sites..... that lasted about an hour lol.

Seems a good site, I hope it goes from strength to strength.

And as soon as I unfrazzle my brain from all that eBay stuff, I'll put my money where my mouth is and sign up for the gold and open a store.
    Im from cornwall, and we have a framing shop and run computerised mount cutting business for the past fifteen years or so, and used to sell a lot on ebay and on our website as well as from our bricks and mortar shop[ www.frames.uk.com
    Its weird being a zzero feedback and starting all over again, but in case you want to buy from my future listings heres my recent ebay feedback to give you an idea that im a pretty straight guy to do business with - hope the link works! http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...shine-pictures
    One thought....
    We cut picture mounts- so i guess we sell holes in cyberspace

Thumbs up Newbie

Hi everyone, Joined a couple of weeks ago and I have trying out selling for the first time. trying to open a ebid store but having problems. I am currently a silver access. Is this the reason. Do I need to be a gold access. if I get a 7-day gold access can I still have a ebid store.

Sorry to say I was another Ebay client, but found the light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethecat View Post
    lol @ Totty

(I've only just deciphered your name, btw. Kept thinking 'What does Totty Z K Lozzit mean?' lol Silly me. It's Totty's Closet, yes? )
    I , just me tring to ne clever. get my dfeliveries to Mr K LOZZIT, Mrs T KLOZZIT tee hee, never mind I ma sure Iit will be just like saing River Island one day lol......... Mr R Island? Mrs N Ext, and mr W Arehouse

Thread Information